[Models] New created Models..

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
SpiderFighter

Re: [Models] New created Models..

Post by SpiderFighter »

Looking really great, germanny!! I wanted to ask you about your carpet releases. Does version 11 also include the carpet that's in v10?
germanny

Post by germanny »

SpiderFighter wrote:Looking really great, germanny!! I wanted to ask you about your carpet releases. Does version 11 also include the carpet that's in v10?
And yes, its included.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

germanny wrote:
SpiderFighter wrote:Looking really great, germanny!! I wanted to ask you about your carpet releases. Does version 11 also include the carpet that's in v10?
And yes, its included.
Thank you muchly!
germanny

Post by germanny »

As i mention before, the wallset is ready to use!
I do some little corrections now, add one or more items and want to complete writing a little usage manual.
With manual it is much easier for you to build a dungeon.

Now i found out i have too much material definitions, many are not necessary.
About to remove unused ones, have to check the whole set if i do mistakes..

For me i can say it looks very well, a bit different to LoG.
Test dungeon compiles to game was also successful, but before it goes out i test all once again^^

Release is saturday (9th), hope it goes not too late.
If anything comes between that, i´ll inform you!
limner

Post by limner »

will you provide, as option, to include a "completely flat" ceiling as the original DM ?

i remember we spoke about it some months ago....
germanny

Post by germanny »

limner wrote:will you provide, as option, to include a "completely flat" ceiling as the original DM ?

i remember we spoke about it some months ago....
Yes, i remember. There is a flat ceiling included, but i did them simple, not much effort.
Maybe i do more work on that later.
germanny

Post by germanny »

Create Entry on Nexus... uploading...
germanny

Post by germanny »

Released! Yeah^^
Germanny´s Dungeon Master Wallset -- Modding resource, wallset with items included.
DL: The Dungeon Master Wallset at Grimrock Nexus

Take a look into the usage manual :
dmcsb_pack_manual.pdf

Please be respectful with this hard piece of work! :ugeek:
Comments, suggestions, critics are welcome.

I want to add more stuff from time to time.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

That set is very impressive. 8-)
I got as far as the 'Nothing' sign; I didn't find the cross-key in the first room, though I did find the other thing.

Three things I noticed along the way... I tended to habitually try to pick up the random rocks along the wall ~when you can't (by design of course, none of the rocks are items); and I loved the cobble stone pressure plate ~but it seems odd to be standing on it while pressing and un-pressing it with an item... It just seems that standing on it should press it down; having it not so (perhaps by design?) made the first pit/puzzle very counter intuitive.

I liked this set a lot, and was impressed with the doorway variations and destructibility, and the fountains, and custom items.

The third thing might or might not be a bug, but when I press the red button in the first room, the campfire does not light up, though I do see a campfire text label appear via hudPrint().
** The first thing I tried [automatically] was to cast Fireburst at the fire ~A remnant habit from my weeks playing Arx Fatalis. :D
Last edited by Isaac on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
germanny

Post by germanny »

Isaac wrote:That set is very impressive. 8-)
I got as far as the 'Nothing' sign; I didn't find the cross-key in the first room, though I did find the other thing.

Three things I noticed along the way... I tended to habitually try to pick up the random rocks along the wall ~when you can't; and I loved the cobble stone pressure plate ~but it seems odd to be standing on it while pressing and un-pressing it with an item... It just seems that standing on it should press it down; having it not so (perhaps by design?) made the first pit/puzzle very counter intuitive.

I liked this set a lot, and was impressed with the doorway variations and destructibility, and the fountains, and custom items.

The third thing might or might not be a bug, but when I press the red button in the first room, the campfire does not lite, though I do see a text label appear via hudPrint().
Thanks, the red button was only there to check out if the assets spawn correct^^ debugging..
To lighten the campfire, use a normal torch at it. When u press the button, you see what assets are there.

The pressure plate mechanic can changed, look at the settings for it.

And the cross key is in a wall crack alcove in the room with the dry fountain^^ I know, this is unfair :)

I want to create a little dungeon, but time runs away, so i do only some rooms to show the set.
Up to you then^^
Last edited by germanny on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.