[Models] New created Models..

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Isaac

Re: [Models] New created Models..

Post by Isaac »

germanny wrote:Thanks, the red button was only there to check out if the assets spawn correct^^ debugging..
Ah..
** The first thing I tried [automatically] was to cast Fireburst at the fire ~A remnant habit from my weeks playing Arx Fatalis. :D
I want to create a little dungeon, but time runs away, so i do only some rooms to show the set.
Up to you then^^
Does this showcase dungeon show every asset, or just most of them?
germanny

Post by germanny »

I think most of. There are more wall buttons available.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
germanny

Post by germanny »

What i want to add next is a destructible cave in blockage and a broken ceiling tile as addition.
The rest of the dm locks and keys are in work.
And a falchion sword is near completion.

Here is all the stuff that must be recreated:
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Really impressive work. No doubt this wallset will be popular. Breakable mushrooms are awesome as well as fireplace and hidden buttons. And pretty much everything else ;-)
The items are great too.

The only thing I've found a bit odd is lever. You have to click in lower part of it or even a bit below it to actually trigger the lever - it looks especially awkward when lever is up. But it's really a nitpicking so feel free to ignore this issue - stay focus on falchion :-D
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

If you destroy the first door, then open the lock using the cross key... the door becomes whole then opens. There is probably little you can do about the door itself, but you might be able add script to the door breaking event that disables the lock.

I got the campfire to light; it was that in the editor, the party starts out with an everburning torch and that doesn't trigger the fire ~and of course doesn't need to.

Is the campfire a blocker before being lit? It's impossible to step on/over the campfire when it's extinguished, but very possible to stand in the fire when it's burning. :shock:
(It'd be neat to make the campfire a fire damage tile once lit. :twisted: )
germanny

Post by germanny »

Merethif wrote: The only thing I've found a bit odd is lever. You have to click in lower part of it or even a bit below it to actually trigger the lever - it looks especially awkward when lever is up. But it's really a nitpicking so feel free to ignore this issue - stay focus on falchion :-D
I know, but i was not able to move the click-area. Bad enough.
If someone knows how to shift the clickable area - please tell me^^
Isaac wrote:If you destroy the first door, then open the lock using the cross key... the door becomes whole then opens. There is probably little you can do about the door itself, but you might be able add script to the door breaking event that disables the lock.

Is the campfire a blocker before being lit? It's impossible to step on/over the campfire when it's extinguished, but very possible to stand in the fire when it's burning. :shock:
(It'd be neat to make the campfire a fire damage tile once lit. :twisted: )
Hey, that with the door shouldn´t happen. If the door is destroyed, you can use the key, but nothing should happen, a new key spawns at mouse, so you dont loose the key.
Will have a look.
As i said many times, i have no time to get deep into lua scripting, i waste my time only with modeling and textures^^

The campfire is not very well scripted, its a first test. Try to make it better, i have not much time for that now.
If you have a better solutioon, please post it here, i add it and give you credits.
germanny

Post by germanny »

Mmmh.. the door works as expected..if destroyed and key is used, it clicks but you have your key.
If door is not destroyed, a real door spawns and opens if you put the key in.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

germanny wrote:Mmmh.. the door works as expected..if destroyed and key is used, it clicks but you have your key.
If door is not destroyed, a real door spawns and opens if you put the key in.
A tricky bug. The way it happens is if you break the door, then find the key and try to use it.

Re-uploaded: http://s271.beta.photobucket.com/user/G ... 6.mp4.html

*** Is this video link visible to everyone here? (It's the first time I've tried this on Photobucket, and I may have the permissions wrong.)
germanny

Post by germanny »

Isaac, its true.. if i destroy the door and then the breakable wall and get the key.. it happened.
Damn :roll:

Edit
A bug, it is^^ I dont see what i´m doing wrong here..
Any of you scripters? A better solution?
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I would, on breaking a door, destroy the keyhole and spawn one that doesn't open anything.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!