[MOD] Halls of Barrian v1.0.3 released

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Billick

Re: [MOD] Halls of Barrian v1.0.3 released

Post by Billick »

v1.0.3 is released. There is only one bug fix in this release but it was a particularly nasty one, and since at least two people have already run into it, I decided it was worth releasing a new version for.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
RuaDragon

Post by RuaDragon »

I just started playing Barrian the other day. Having a lot of fun but I'm stuck on level 2:
SpoilerShow
I can't figure out how to defeat the cube. I'm in the room where you sacrifice the weapon of power to arm the apparatus, and have caught the cube in the blast of the apparatus a few times, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I meant to be doing here?
Also, in the Ogre level:
SpoilerShow
At the beginning, if you back down the stairs immedietly upon seeing the first ogre, you get teleported to the library level, and completely miss out on the Ogre level. Not sure if this is a bug or not. If not, maybe make the door between the ogre level and the stairs to the library openable from both sides, so you can still experience the ogre level when teleported to the library.
Billick

Post by Billick »

RuaDragon wrote:I just started playing Barrian the other day. Having a lot of fun but I'm stuck on level 2:
SpoilerShow
I can't figure out how to defeat the cube. I'm in the room where you sacrifice the weapon of power to arm the apparatus, and have caught the cube in the blast of the apparatus a few times, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I meant to be doing here?
It sounds like you are on the right track
SpoilerShow
it takes 3 direct hits to kill it. You can tell it's a direct hit because you will see fireballs come off the side of the cube.
RuaDragon wrote: Also, in the Ogre level:
SpoilerShow
At the beginning, if you back down the stairs immedietly upon seeing the first ogre, you get teleported to the library level, and completely miss out on the Ogre level. Not sure if this is a bug or not. If not, maybe make the door between the ogre level and the stairs to the library openable from both sides, so you can still experience the ogre level when teleported to the library.
Hmm, that is probably a bug. I may have one of the teleporters set to the wrong level. I will check it when I get some time.
Me Grimrock no bozo!
Dead_Moss

Post by Dead_Moss »

Great mod, I love the concept of each level having a theme and a boss fight! But I am horrible at puzzle solving, I find myself unable to figure out the puzzle on level one with the wall opening halfway before closing again
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

just started playing this mod.
I was curious if you can give a hint to the wall text (the warrior's shields go in their places)
I been wandering around trying to place them on the ground at different spots.
Billick

Post by Billick »

sapientCrow wrote:just started playing this mod.
I was curious if you can give a hint to the wall text (the warrior's shields go in their places)
I been wandering around trying to place them on the ground at different spots.
If I remember this puzzle correctly
SpoilerShow
you need to place an item on each of the statues in the room
Me Grimrock no bozo!
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

no you dont put the shields on the statues, no statues here... the hint here is the level 'has four corners'...they click
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

I've been playing it and it's very interesting now, the puzzles are different and not too hard, food is a bit scarce at times but that can be a good thing as its another challenge.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription