[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
python79

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by python79 »

Ok, I knew it was something obvious.
SpoilerShow
I missed the 9th demon head after completing the tasks of the other keymasters...
Thanks !!!

Let's see what mysteries lie in the depths of your dungeon...
python79

Post by python79 »

Seems I will not go any further.
SpoilerShow
One of the trials of the 4th floor, the sea of flesh, consists in defeating wave afer wave of monsters to the point it appears ridiculous... I don't think there is any tricks to it (apart the shock traps).
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

python79 wrote:Seems I will not go any further.
How many waves can you survive?
SpoilerShow
I'm passed it 2 times while tested mod (1-st was really hard for me, 2-nd is much easier, cause I'm used experience of my past mistakes). Usually it costs me 1-2 healing potions and 1 healing elixir. It is no real solution for this room, I can give you only a common tips: Save after each good cleared wave, use potions to heal or boost your party (it is useful to mix some before entering the Sea). Use bombs, if you got some. Try to find a good tactics on each incoming monster type - hin'n'run or stand ground in a corner, etc.
Seems like I must make this trial a bit less challenging in the next update...
python79

Post by python79 »

Adrageron wrote:How many waves can you survive?
SpoilerShow
I survived until the wave with couples of green bugs past the spiders.
If i had a suggestion, in the original game these kind of big challenges were optional, allowing a majority of players to progress smoothly.
Let's say the difficulty curve got me truly surprised here. :roll:
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

python79 wrote:
SpoilerShow
I survived until the wave with couples of green bugs past the spiders.
SpoilerShow
Well, you almost did it. With the last wave of scavengers (1 wave past spiders) the door is opened and you free to go without clearing it.
If i had a suggestion, in the original game these kind of big challenges were optional, allowing a majority of players to progress smoothly.
Let's say the difficulty curve got me truly surprised here. :roll:
Yeah, I'm balanced the game for players like myself. In the games with smooth difficulty curve I always overloaded with potions, bombs and other emergency stuff, that is of no use for me cause there is no emergency :) So, I decided to make some really challenging battles in the main game storyline, just to free player's bags from extra stuff :) Looks like I'm a little overdid :roll:
python79

Post by python79 »

Since the mod was so good so far, I managed through a LOT of hardships to finish "the testament" (with one beastman standing im my party, a minotaur, yaaaay....).

The story picked my interest,
SpoilerShow
could there be a hidden civilization under the mage's facility ?
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

python79 wrote:Since the mod was so good so far, I managed through a LOT of hardships to finish "the testament" (with one beastman standing im my party, a minotaur, yaaaay....).
Congradulations!
Your beastman is a true mage now :D
SpoilerShow
BTW, I've already lowered a bit difficulty of "Sea of Flesh" and "Elemental Crossroads" trials (in version 1.0). Thank you for feedback.
The story picked my interest,
SpoilerShow
could there be a hidden civilization under the mage's facility ?
SpoilerShow
Well... all is possible... :roll:
;)
python79

Post by python79 »

Okay, the traps you've conceived for the 5th floor are really clever, with a little observation and trial and errors (quickload) it's not too difficult to find their solution.

I have a suggestion concerning this one,
SpoilerShow
Hungry traps v1.4 is pretty hard since your timing must be impeccable to throw the items in the "hungry traps" before the one under your feet opens, moreover moving too fast results in blocking the spark necessary to open the next "hungry trap". I think adding 0.5 to 1s before you fall to your doom would be much forgiving.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

Published update to the version 1.0 both on Steam and Nexus.
python79, thank you for feedback.

- Fixed few minor bugs and misprints
- Added some new items
- Added few new secrets (including a really big secret area at one of the deep levels)
- Somewhat lowered difficulty of the "Sea of Flesh" trial
- Added a new challenges at Forbidden Hall level and rebalanced existing ones
- Plently of small fixes and cosmetical dungeon upgrades

I have a suggestion concerning this one,
Thanks, I will consider this.
SpoilerShow
I've set so short timers just to be sure, that player will fall at least 1 time and discover, what is beneath :roll:
theruler

Post by theruler »

Adrageron wrote:Warning: it is nearly impossible to finish mod without automap (oldschool mode).
Is this a challenge? ;-)