[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bazzietuk

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by bazzietuk »

Yes I did all those ones. The areas are opened on the maps and explored and the ones I'm working on now have the button locations on them and rockfall areas marked on them (apart from the buttons you notice as part of the levels progression and rockfalls that disappear when you press a button as part of the level design). Will have to see at the end of the game if I've still got secrets to find. Working on level 4 at the minute to map that out fully :) Not looking forward to the shifting corridor bits though :) LOL
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Yes I did all those ones. The areas are opened on the maps and explored and the ones I'm working on now have the button locations on them and rockfall areas marked on them (apart from the buttons you notice as part of the levels progression and rockfalls that disappear when you press a button as part of the level design). Will have to see at the end of the game if I've still got secrets to find. Working on level 4 at the minute to map that out fully :) Not looking forward to the shifting corridor bits though :) LOL
Yeah... Shifting corridors is the most annoying grimrock level out of all the ones I played. Though... No. Scratch that. The most annoying is Toorum's mannor which though a great mod, is not playable the lower you get cause of lag.
The shifting corridors are a close second though. Thankfully not because of lag.
And I honestly don't see what secret you might have missed... If I remember something, I'll tell. But right now I'm drawing a blank...
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Must be dumb, walked through it all again, mapped out all the rooms I could find and switches and still only managed 38/44 secrets. Level 7 map looks really empty compared to the others so wondering if I've missed something on there. Uploaded the maps in image files on my cloud server if someone wants to look and tell me what I've missed this time :) LOL They're in a zip file and virus checked (I'm an IT support technician so know what I'm doing but feel free to double check yourself, only 10 images an 1 help text file in the zip with the solutions to a couple of annoying puzzles) :)

https://web.cloud.virginmedia.com/?shar ... 582e6638c3
minmay

Post by minmay »

you missed:
SpoilerShow
- the Remote Room on level 3 (there's a note about a button that temporarily makes a teleporter lead to it)
- the secret in the winds room on level 4 ("any NEWS about winds" means north, east, west, south)
- the Healed Sanctuary (accessed by opening all 4 sanctuaries on level 6)
- two secret buttons on level 10, one in the west room and one in the east room (fall down the pits that lead to squares you haven't visited), which will open a secret room on level 9
- probably other stuff but i don't want to look that thoroughly at your maps
(no, you can't get back to most of these)
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

minmay wrote:you missed:
SpoilerShow
- the Remote Room on level 3 (there's a note about a button that temporarily makes a teleporter lead to it)
- the secret in the winds room on level 4 ("any NEWS about winds" means north, east, west, south)
- the Healed Sanctuary (accessed by opening all 4 sanctuaries on level 6)
- two secret buttons on level 10, one in the west room and one in the east room (fall down the pits that lead to squares you haven't visited), which will open a secret room on level 9
- probably other stuff but i don't want to look that thoroughly at your maps
(no, you can't get back to most of these)
lvl 10 secret buttons? had no idea about those. ťanks! thats probably my missing secret!
and now ill have to play the mod again. :D
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Thanks Minmay. I thought I'd done all the sanctuary ones. I did one where you had to put two healing potions in the alcove so I thought it was that one. The others I didn't know about though and didn't think there was any buttons on the level 10 exits. The winds one I thought I'd done as well. I'm guessing with that one you have to walk into the alcoves in that order before doing the correct sequence to exit that part of the level.
Nensuru

Post by Nensuru »

Finished with fresh party: ice mage lizard (13), club fighter minotaur(13), air mage insectoid(14), missile weapons insectoid!13)

10:30 hours play time
22/44 secrets found 3/3 treasures 14 skulls

good mod hope to see you doing another one :)
Zenobi

Post by Zenobi »

I have maps, 10 levels with all secret areas. :D

If you want, send me request to my email: zenon.swiech@gmail.com

Enjoy.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

Zenobi wrote:I have maps, 10 levels with all secret areas. :D

If you want, send me request to my email: zenon.swiech@gmail.com

Enjoy.
You mean to tell me you found all the secrets in the mod?
If so, please send me the maps to a.elfwind@gmail.com Thank you.
Adrageron

Post by Adrageron »

I just finished the mod for LoG 2.
Welcome to the Lost City Al-Ator! ;)