Tower of the Arlorak - C&C welcome!

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Flohaxn

Re: Tower of the Arlorak - C&C welcome!

Post by Flohaxn »

Hi,
so far i enjoy your mod very much, ty.
Its pretty difficult, and without the rez crystal on the first level i think the room where you have to put in the 2 green gems to stop them little ones from spawning would not have been doable.
Anyways, i am stuck now in the lever riddle room, where the skeletons arrive in hordes and the pits are closing. i managed to get to the 5th lever, but then grimrock crashed with:

the error log is here: http://db.tt/TcqVbh8f

good luck in finding the error !:=)
SlimyAmeoba

Post by SlimyAmeoba »

Flohaxn wrote:Hi,
so far i enjoy your mod very much, ty.
Its pretty difficult, and without the rez crystal on the first level i think the room where you have to put in the 2 green gems to stop them little ones from spawning would not have been doable.
Anyways, i am stuck now in the lever riddle room, where the skeletons arrive in hordes and the pits are closing. i managed to get to the 5th lever, but then grimrock crashed with:

good luck in finding the error !:=)
Hey thanks for playing the dungeon! I've taken a look and this shouldn't be an issue anymore, though if you had an old version of the dungeon and updated it bu used the same save, that could have caused that error. If that's the case you can probably downgrade the mod back to the original with the zip file here: http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/download/320
Or if you're feeling up for it, give it another go. You should be able to run through it a lot faster now that you know what you're doing.
smalhavoc

Post by smalhavoc »

Hello!
Excellent work on the dungeon. I am quite enthralled. So much so that I'm quite ashamed to say I'm stuck on level 4. I've found enough secret panels to get all of the keys, but still cant figure out how to get past the portcullis with the three wardens (I think thats what theyre called, the flail weilding giants). I even went down to the spiders den looking for an answer but all I found was the frost orb (most excellent btw). So yeah, I was wondering if you could provide me with a small hint?
SlimyAmeoba

Post by SlimyAmeoba »

smalhavoc wrote:Hello!
Excellent work on the dungeon. I am quite enthralled. So much so that I'm quite ashamed to say I'm stuck on level 4. I've found enough secret panels to get all of the keys, but still cant figure out how to get past the portcullis with the three wardens (I think thats what theyre called, the flail weilding giants). I even went down to the spiders den looking for an answer but all I found was the frost orb (most excellent btw). So yeah, I was wondering if you could provide me with a small hint?
Hi there! Thanks for playing, glad you enjoy it :)
It sounds like you're talking about the room with the ever closing pit. It's actually a common problem and in retrospect I probably should have added an additional hint or two. It's just a guessing game and you are supposed to use the levers and get them in the right order to shut the puzzle off. I also did add some wall writing to assist once you get the initial three levers in the right order. None of the combinations are hard but without telling you the answer I can say they're all something like up down up or down up up up down for the final sequence. It might take a few tries and perhaps a piece of paper but if I'd made it too easy, you'd simply have passed the test without any feeling to it.

It's good you went into the spider cave though, you'll enjoy having the reward for later ;)