[Mod] Remake of Dungeon Master

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
comscript

Re: [Mod] Remake of Dungeon Master

Post by comscript »

Yes that's a good idea. Into the next update of Back Into The Dungeon I will add few daggers and change the ranger class up to four champions. I will add the improvements I made in CSB too.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Just noticed some things after a test-import of one of my quad-mage parties:

1st: i now know that an imported pure ice mage is totally screwed :lol:
I know that might be much to ask but would it be possible that any non-DM mage (new or imported) gets their "Ice Magic" skill blocked like the DM mages and already spents points could be made available for redistribution? Seems it could be done quite easy with the dungeon start script and Champion:addSkillPoints(Champion:getSkillLevel("ice_magic)) and Champion:trainSkill("ice_magic", 50, true) calls.

2nd: beside ice magic being disabled (reason: no ice magic in DM/CSB) the enchant arrow spells are off too :(
AFAIR there was/is not that much missile ammo anyway, maybe 10 to 12 arrows+slayers total in DM, so those spells won't de-balance the game.

3rd: when removing the enchant arrow spells is ok for making a close remake i really wonder why lightning and poison shield spells still work; both don't exist in DM/CSB. My take would have been either leaving all the enchant spells in or taking them out along with lightning/poison shield so i'm a bit confused .. or did you leave them in as a DM/CSB spellshield replacement? Under the LoG engine i'd image the DM/CSB spellshield being be a temporary boost to all resistances i.e. +20.

EDIT:
After toying around with Tiggy's wand i need to add this

4th: why is the custom-made spell Des Ew (weaken non-material) castable by all classes??
I see why everyone needs to be able to cast Zo and Zo Kath Ra but Des Ew? Even without developed magic abilities DM front rank heros have vorpal blades to deal with non-materials .. or are there no vorpal blades?!?
thejabberingcorpse

Post by thejabberingcorpse »

and i played the chaos strikes back in 1 night in the standard mode with maps....
in the standard mode with maps..
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

Is it possible to use the exact same DM spell system in the mod. Especially the same symbols I would like to see. So, 17 runes instead the 9 LoG ones. So, perhaps if we can't redirect the LoG spell window, we need a separate action bar.
Komag

Post by Komag »

theoretically doable with a custom gui setup, lots of work!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
comscript

Post by comscript »

i will think about it :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

LordGarth wrote:If you want to put the DM music into your remake.

http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/620
Better use this: http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/639
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

DM also has a Facebook group (17 members) if anyone wishes to merge their Facebook interests with their DM interests, VIDEO OF THIS MOD (first 10 minutes)
mharr

Post by mharr »

Well, I'm way late to the party, but bloody hell this is an amazing piece of work. And you threw CSB together as well, just as an afterthought? :shock:

I remember back in the mists of time, trying to convert my Dungeon Master party into Eye of the Beholder form to continue their exploits into other worlds, and now suddenly all worlds are open to them.

One question for the veterans, how did you deal with that first wasp on level 3? I had to use up a magic box to sneak past. My memory of wasps is that they were fast and poisonous but fragile, an annoyance that would poof to one decent fireball. This wasp attacks several times a second, wipes my whole team before they get a third hit in, survives everything I can throw at it, and leaves any escapees with a fatal DoT that I have no way to heal. I thought the worms were supposed to be the big threat. :P
comscript

Post by comscript »

Hello,

Here is a full support on my mod.

Back into the Dungeon.
skills sheet,
items, skills, creatures, spells, champions etc..
https://www.box.com/s/t7v9ssft5lrin86u8oph

Dungeon Master Maps
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=taxonomy/term/17,42