[Mod] Remake of Dungeon Master

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Allanius2

Re: [Mod] Remake of Dungeon Master

Post by Allanius2 »

I have just started this mod out and I have found a bug for you to work on. It seems that some of the mummy animations are missing. Consider the following:

A C D
B P

If the party is standing at point "P" above facing point "D" and a group of mummies at point "A" movies to point "C" you don't see them at first until the mummies reach point "C". Also, if the mummies are moving from point "B" to point "C" they can't bee seen until they start to turn toward point "D". In order to see this second occurance, stand at point "D", facing point "C", wait until the mummies, standing at point "B", start to move to point "C". Then step left and turn right quickly (keys "A" and then "E"). Please check into this.

Also, I have a request for this mod. I'm not sure if this feature is scheduled for addition, but I was wondering if sounds for the creatures could be introduced which are similar to the original sounds.

Great job so far. Thanks.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Sorry, my diagram seems to have been misaligned. It was supposed to look like this:

A C D
_ B P
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Just wanted to check this out, but I think there's a bug with one of the mage champions.
Ixnatifual (Steam) wrote:Just started playing this. Besides from my strafe right key removing the thirst meter, I noticed Chani starts with 50 skill points in Ice Magic. Is this intended?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Ixnatifual wrote:Just wanted to check this out, but I think there's a bug with one of the mage champions.
Ixnatifual (Steam) wrote:Just started playing this. Besides from my strafe right key removing the thirst meter, I noticed Chani starts with 50 skill points in Ice Magic. Is this intended?
No bug, it's intended. Dungeon Master has no frost magic so the remake also does not have frost spells. Maxed Ice Magic is done to prevent players from wasting skill points.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Ah, I see. :)
jujuzilla

Post by jujuzilla »

(first of all sorry for my english, i am french)

Hello and congratulation for this really amazing work !
I have just discovered this mod and i have a little question : is it possible to choose a champion with ranger class (or a mixed one : mage+rogue+fighter) in the great Hall ?

thanks a lot.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

is it possible to choose a champion with ranger class (or a mixed one : mage+rogue+fighter) in the great Hall ?
All the Champions are in the same style as the Original Legend of Grimrock as far as base class goes.
So you can only have a Pure Mage or Rogue or Fighter. There is no dual class system.
jujuzilla

Post by jujuzilla »

Thanks for the answer sapiencrow :D
There is really no way to have a mixed class in the game ? (like toorum)... the mod and the gameplay will be closer to original DM in my opinion and that will be helpful for whose how are playing the game in solo or with only 2 champions (like me) ;)
rikus

Post by rikus »

Hi, question:
Does this mod uses the same leveling system as DM?
In DM you could practice on air and level up. You leveled acvording to what skill you used the most. Hacking, casting fire spells etc.
Even though no monsters are about.

?
Edit:
This is too bad. I guess the same leveling system is the same as grimrock.
No reincarnate/ressurect. And no all of the skills and throwing daggers slot.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Wow, I just want to say that this is the best Remake of Dungeon Master I have come across, having played the original on the Amiga 500 years ago I have been a big fan of these games. The monsters, graphics and game play are first class, thanks so much. And thanks to Almost Human for making the platform.

Now I gotta get back to the Dungeon.

Just finished it after days of playing, game worked flawlessly and was pretty hard too.