Pyramid of Xafi

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Numberouane

Re: Pyramid of Xafi

Post by Numberouane »

SpoilerShow
Im so sorry no the one below... with no hole...
But this was just a reminder... keep on exploring the area u entered and push pull all levers back & forth..
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Numberouane wrote:
SpoilerShow
Im so sorry no the one below... with no hole...
But this was just a reminder... keep on exploring the area u entered and push pull all levers back & forth..
I´ll try it. Thanks :)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I made it to the first floor, tried to beat it sometimes with no luck. Maybe it's just a matter of try over and over and the job is done.
There are some things that still worries me, tough.
SpoilerShow
1)I only got half of the secrets; 2)Seems that I´ll need 4 keys to lock the respawing fire creatures on the first floor and I´ve got only three; 3) Didn't find the keys to open the "undead army reserve", "the archives", and and a section on the 6th floor with cells and some stuff inside; 4) I found a scroll telling about something related to "Goro's time to rest" but I don't know to what is related. 5) I wonder if some of those squares blocked by stones (dead ends) have secrets, some are in positions that makes me wonder if there is no room hidden behind it; 6)Once in the first floor battling those creatures, there's no turning back, right? If you fall you end up on a different section, very hard by the way, with the only opportunity to get transported back to the floor where you were before.7) there are enough keys tio open all the cells om treasure room? I believe I´ve got only four.
Well, for now, it's all I remember ;)
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

U almost there :) :) :)
SpoilerShow
1)I worth the try to find more : Did u find the dismantler?
2)U need 4. RESPAWN NEVER STOPS :) :) thats great!!! U escape this place thats all and thats so good!
3) U can have access to all those places and every places in the game. About cell, there s only one key. If u used it to open the cell below ,then no more;
4) Dont remember it
5) They dnt have.
6)Right for both.
7) Only four I found so far, just a matter of choice quite easy depending on your party.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Numberouane wrote:U almost there :) :) :)
SpoilerShow
1)I worth the try to find more : Did u find the dismantler?
2)U need 4. RESPAWN NEVER STOPS :) :) thats great!!! U escape this place thats all and thats so good!
3) U can have access to all those places and every places in the game. About cell, there s only one key. If u used it to open the cell below ,then no more;
4) Dont remember it
5) They dnt have.
6)Right for both.
7) Only four I found so far, just a matter of choice quite easy depending on your party.
SpoilerShow
1)Yeah, found it! :D
2)I will try to find the other..damn it. :x 3) how do I unlock the "archives" do you remember? I have a scroll telling about light and the true secrets in hidden in shadows, tried to cast this spells and even bash the door with fire, torchs, but there's a keyhole and I could not find the key yet. 4)Still a secret then...5)thanks to God, lol 6)pretty difficult, huh? where to scape if there's no room to go??? 7) I was supposing. Same happens in the original game.
thanks for your reply dude :mrgreen:
Soaponarope

Post by Soaponarope »

Leewroy,

The first floor is the final "boss zone". Naturally it's tough, but you are not meant to kill everything, just escape. You need all four keys before this point.
SpoilerShow
2. Do you remember where you got each key? I can point you to the one your missing.
3. Seeing how you never entered the archives at the beginning, I can see why the four keys and the point of no return came as troubling to you. There is scroll there explaining that. To get into the archives you need to place a torch in all four holders by the door. The lock is a red herring.
4. This is just a story scroll, referring to the fact the goromorgs are encased in tombs and only wake when nearby altars are disturbed.
5. There is a secret behind one actually, but your not missing much if you don't find it.
6. Correct, I gave warning about this, but then assumed people would have been in the archives beforehand. It seemed like the place to put such a scroll, but perhaps I should have put it in an obvious area. The crystal is there to ensure a nearby alt save in case you get stuck without the keys. All secrets can be found before this point, it is the end game zone.
7. There are a total of 5 gold keys.
Making it this far, you can surely succeed. Good luck, and have fun!
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Soaponarope, thanks for replying.
SpoilerShow
I don't remember where I get the three keys... :cry: and unfortunately I messed the save, I´m locked on the first floor unabl to finsish the game,. The only thing I can do now is starte all over again.

Some questions comes to mind: is it possible to beat the 4 ogres on that hole you can't drop from different places? How works the secret behind one of the dead ends blocked by stones you mentioned? There's only one key to poen the unded army reserve and that sector on the 6th floor with cells and you have to chose wich one to open?
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

SpoilerShow
which ogres are u talking about?
The ones just after the start? If yes, I killed them by making them following me to a trap I can open under their feet. Then I jump on their heads and thats it :)
I had to redo it once also due to a bug. Once u know what to do, its quite fast and worth doing it in an optimized way.
:)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Numberouane wrote:
SpoilerShow
which ogres are u talking about?
The ones just after the start? If yes, I killed them by making them following me to a trap I can open under their feet. Then I jump on their heads and thats it :)
I had to redo it once also due to a bug. Once u know what to do, its quite fast and worth doing it in an optimized way.
:)
SpoilerShow
Nope, I meant the 4 ogres that surronds you when you fallon through a hole; this hole can be accessed by many floor, since the 2nd if I remember well
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

this one means just death :)