monsters

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
User avatar
SpiderFighter
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Re: monsters

Post by SpiderFighter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:13 am

Grimfan wrote:You guys need to combine your talents to make monsters. The results would be spectacular for sure. :)
I believe the Slugomorg was a joint effort, no?

Grimfan
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 am

Re: monsters

Post by Grimfan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 am

SpiderFighter wrote:
Grimfan wrote:You guys need to combine your talents to make monsters. The results would be spectacular for sure. :)
I believe the Slugomorg was a joint effort, no?
Too true, though I'm speaking more about the animation side of things, unless people are designing monsters from scratch (like the fantabulous Wallasaurus).

User avatar
Polytize Me, Cpt.!
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: monsters

Post by Polytize Me, Cpt.! » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:08 am

Mine are from scratch, but I definitely agree with you. Wallasaurus' models are on a completely different level! :D

User avatar
odinsballs
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm
Location: south of heaven

Re: monsters

Post by odinsballs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 pm

small question could the greenskins/goblins from oblivion be a valid grimrock creature ( i can mass produce various class/variations of of those little suckers,static of course) it would seem they look decent enough and one can shtup enough extra armor parts and such on those little suckers (niftools combined with blender and gmt lets you bake some fun stuff).

User avatar
Leki
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: monsters

Post by Leki » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:46 pm

odin - give me a link to the daemonbaby, I will see if I can do something with it.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore

User avatar
odinsballs
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm
Location: south of heaven

Re: monsters

Post by odinsballs » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Leki wrote:odin - give me a link to the daemonbaby, I will see if I can do something with it.
this is link for dropbox version i made for editor and ingame revieuw purpose (also its already made into whole model with various segments wich have different textures but all on one model) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ww1qlhfr8grf ... static.rar

and this is link for original source on free 3d (raw mesh and jpeg textures unassembled model):

http://thefree3dmodels.com/stuff/charac ... 4-1-0-4757

this one isn't gonna be easy (but no animation is) i hope my version model wil be somewhat more helpfull. ;)
Last edited by odinsballs on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

wallasaurus
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: monsters

Post by wallasaurus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 am

Leech worm a a EOTB. I left it plain ish in order that modding would be easier (patterns etc.) and I've made the uv layout modding friendly (I think anyway)

There is also space on the texture sheet for a variant top/bottom skin, so I am open for sugestions - I can update the assets simply enough. On the other hand I could create the equivalent of snail slices / other drops for the monster if it is desired.

For now I've stuck it to the snail skeleton and it seems to work ok/ maybe so a more snakey version of walk / alternate attack anims if needed.

download here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440025/GRIMRO ... h_worm.zip

Enjoy! Any bugs let me know.

User avatar
odinsballs
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm
Location: south of heaven

Re: monsters

Post by odinsballs » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:26 am

wallasaurus wrote:Leech worm a a EOTB. I left it plain ish in order that modding would be easier (patterns etc.) and I've made the uv layout modding friendly (I think anyway)

There is also space on the texture sheet for a variant top/bottom skin, so I am open for sugestions - I can update the assets simply enough. On the other hand I could create the equivalent of snail slices / other drops for the monster if it is desired.

For now I've stuck it to the snail skeleton and it seems to work ok/ maybe so a more snakey version of walk / alternate attack anims if needed.

download here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440025/GRIMRO ... h_worm.zip

Enjoy! Any bugs let me know.
hi there wallasaurus just downloaded and tried the leechworm and its working like a charm, attacks are working and it moves like is to be expected from such creature. another fine custom creature (wich soon wil be slithering through my fungal swamp level :D ) thank you very much.

User avatar
Polytize Me, Cpt.!
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:55 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: monsters

Post by Polytize Me, Cpt.! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:00 am

It looks absolutely amazing! I thought it'd end up looking a bit odd if you rigged it using the Snail skeleton, but it looks so smooth! Fantastic job!

User avatar
odinsballs
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm
Location: south of heaven

Re: monsters

Post by odinsballs » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 pm

i'm currently aiming my 3d static prop work to include humanoid monsters trying to include amongst others goblins (oblivion type customized), a fat orc, 2 warbeasts (warhound/lion type chimera), titan (inhumanoid fat guy with monstrous mace) and some dark wizards, all aimed at tetsing model feasability (and of course as possible creature suggestion). 8-)

Post Reply