[Wall Set] High Temple

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
akroma222

Re: [Wall Set] High Temple

Post by akroma222 »

Hi All!
This wall set looks amazing :D
However, I copy everything to where it needs to go including the 'imports' to the init file
and I can not reload due to error message:

[string "Grimrock.lua"] :0: File not found: mod_assets/textures/high_temple/high_temple_arch_diff.dds

I have checked and this file is definitely where it is suppose to be (in textures??)
Anyone know what is going on here?
Daniv

Post by Daniv »

@ akroma222 - I really have no idea why you're getting that error message. I tested the zip file several times, before and after uploading it, to make sure everything worked in a fresh dungeon and had no problems, even now when I tried it again with a fresh download. The only advice I can think to give you is to just copy-paste the "mod_assets" folder into your dungeon's directory and let it merge with the existing "mod_assets" folder already there, unless you've already tried that.

@ J. Trudel - I don't mind who you give the credit to. If you want to put my name in then that's cool, but I claim no copyright or anything, since I just modified the existing textures that belong to AH.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Great set, thank you for sharing with us.
takis76

Post by takis76 »

This wallset is nice. But I didn't manage to load it in the dungeon editor.

Would you like to create some quick tutorial how someone initialize new wallset (the .lua) files to make the editor see them.
I just copied the files in my "mod_assets/scripts/" directory of my dungeon and the new wallset didn't appear in level properties.

Any suggestion? :)
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! Merging the folders worked just fine ;) Can't wait to build a level or two around this....
Daniv

Post by Daniv »

@ takis76 - I added a little tutorial to my first post, explaining what you need to do. I'm guessing you probably didn't edit your "init.lua" or something. It took me a while to get used to all this too, so I hope this makes it a little easier for you. ;)
takis76

Post by takis76 »

Yes I made it.

In fact you are not explain exactly but I put the 3 lines of code you have in the first post in: wall_sets.lua
Also you need to create a new dungeon not in existing one.
And the editor need to be upgraded to 1.3.1

The wallset is very nice.
We have 2 kinds of temples and are nice. I try to find a way to create my own wallsets.

If someone will create a small tutorial how someone load all of these models and change the new textures.
Or at least change the textures of existing ones.

Thank you :)
crisman

Post by crisman »

Wow I really like this wallSet!
But it can't compete with my personal wallset! (because it's like Bolt challanging a snail - my wallset is the snail -, so yeah, you just cannot compete with me :lol: )
the only 'problem' is that pressure plate kinda camouflage. But I think this could be used to create wonderful traps :twisted:
If you are planning to create another wall set like this it's welcome!! ;)
(I'm trying to make a "mine" wallset since my first three levels take place in an abandoned mine...)
pulpum

Post by pulpum »

many thanks for sharing this. I'll use it in my warlock mod, and credit you, :mrgreen:
ad&d / ff / d&d
Lilltiger

Post by Lilltiger »

EDIT: Argh did some testing and it seems like we cant do this :/ Seems like the editor looks in the default texture folder for the .dds even thought the .tga is said to be in another folder..
Or is the path to the .ddt hardcoded into the .model-files?

I think it would be better if you placed it all under your own folder, like this:

"mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/"
"mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/high_temple.lua"
"mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/scripts/"
"mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/textures/"
"mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/models/"

And have your "high_temple.lua" containing the imports:
import "mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/scripts/high_temple_materials.lua"
import "mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/scripts/high_temple_objects.lua"
import "mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/scripts/high_temple_wall_set.lua"

Then the user only have to add this to his init.lua:
import "mod_assets/custom/wall_textures/high_temple/high_temple.lua"

It would be a lot easier to manage esp if you have a lot of different wall textures added.