[MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
ElfBane

Re: [MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Post by ElfBane »

I don't know where the tombs are... I found them (the skulls) in my adventuring, and just recently discovered they were "named". Will their tombs have EXPLICIT writing on their respective walls to guide me? Thanx.
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

ElfBane wrote:Will their tombs have EXPLICIT writing on their respective walls to guide me? Thanx.
Yes. This puzzle is on level 5.
SpoilerShow
Look at the 3rd (green) Level 5 secret on my secrets list. There you will see one of the tombs on the map marked (green for the button).
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

Finalllllllllly :) YES! WOW thanks to all for the support and after many many tries I did it :)
I had a lot of fun with this mod and also a lot of stress which is good. It has many unexpected features that make it absolutely a must.
It is very well balanced and the puzzles are very hard for some of them.
I had so much fun facing ogres being level 1 and managed to deal with them for example and the end is also very orginal and good. I also enjoy the non lineary. Few doors remained closed but I was able to complete it.

With Pyramid of Xafi, this is the best I ve played among many ...

Thanks again to Zelurs
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

I've found the 6 strange gems and I placed them in the demon faces on the Pillar of Penitence in this order: east face-red, west face-green, north face- blue. Nothing happened. I was under the impression doing this would give access to L1, well maybe it does, but where is the access? Any help appreciated.
remanufactory

Post by remanufactory »

I think I gave up, so close to the end. I am at monastery level 1, running away from Goromorg, and switching gears up and down. I think I found the logic of the puzzle, but those wraiths are too many, and the fact that I cannot duck or hide somewhere is really stressful.
Just let me know one thing (answer in spoilers): do the foes respawn, or can the place be cleaned after a while?
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

Congratulations Numberouane and thank you for the kind words, much appreciated!

ElfBane:
SpoilerShow
Try again, it should work. You've placed them all into eyes, you didn't left the 3 into the mouth, right?
remanufactory: Huh, there's plenty of room to dodge and yes, it was intended to be stressful.
SpoilerShow
Monastery's guardians react to your actions, more close you are to finding Orsan, more they spawn (but it shouldn't get out of hand if you cull them down). Initially you have plenty of time to explore.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

I have no gems to put in their mouths. Do I need to complete L7 before trying to get to L1?
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

ElfBane wrote:I've found the 6 strange gems and ...
Are you sure all of your gems are strange?
SpoilerShow
Yes, you will need to solve the Level 7 puzzle.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

Arghh! You're right, one of my red gems is normal. I guess the strange one is in L7 puzzle.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

Is there a reliable food farm? The L4 farm herders only drop food maybe a third of the time and don't respawn very fast.

The wyverns on L8 drop steaks, but does the level respawn?

Wyverns on L7 don't seem to drop steaks, though.

Just wondering, if L8 doesn't respawn wyverns that drop food, then I won't finish the mod due to hunger. Oh well, it was fun.