[MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Post by leewroy »

Xhantos, thank you for helping.

Actually, I had to get an updated version first, then I had to do what you said. Didn't played yet, but following your instruction, seems it's now available :)
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

I need help on L1. I have;

1. Turned on both Main Lightning Generators
2. Set all EMPs to show their bolt re-directing fields

What I can't figure out is;

1. On both the east side and west side I have steel doors that block the bolts being redirected
2. On the east side there is a steel door that blocks the bolt receptor. I can't figure out how to open it

Any help, hints, or spoilers extremely welcome.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

I got help and solved the west side.

I need clues for the east side steel plates that block the bolt re-direct field AND the bolt receptor. Thank you for any help.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

Solved the east side bolt re-direct problem.

Need a hint to lower the steel plate that blocks the east side bolt receptor. Thanx!
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

Updated files to both Steam and Nexus

Update contains a fix for the random crashing related to script_entity_9 (Trickster's key puzzle). I have to admit that because of time constraints I didn't test it in the game, only in the editor (where the problem doesn't show up). But.. my solution was to destroy the whole script and the related timer after the key is used, so if the problem lingers, I'm really confused. I know, the solution isn't as smooth as it could be, but it was the only solution I came up with..

Sadly because of the nature of the fix, it doesn't help saves before this update. If you have a save game before using the Trickster's key then it should be fine, but otherwise you have to start again or just live with the random crashes. Strange thing was as I said before, that I couldn't reproduce the crashes in any of my games..

Hopefully now every bug is squashed. If any problems show up, let me know.

Elfbane: You can do it, just explore your surroundings for any mechanisms that might help you in your plight.
lovegunner9982

Post by lovegunner9982 »

i was very impressed with this dungeon and i found that all the puzzles had plenty of clues although i did need a few hints to solve the level 7 puzzle but ive had a lot of fun with this one. i still need a small hint to lower the steel doors blocking the lightning bolt on level 1 though it would be greatly appreciated so i can finish it and move on to another dungeon. nice job!!!!
bsquare

Post by bsquare »

Thx for this fix.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

Zeltak, Thanks for a challenging mod. I've reached Orsan and would like a hint on how to fight this boss.

I get to about the 5th or 6th goromog and lose, but I have noticed that the crystal (I presume that's Orsan) can be damaged.
So, are the goromogs just to be a major distraction from defeating the crystal? Can the crystal BE defeated?
Or is this a slog thru "x" amount of goromogs until victory?

Again, thanx for the mod. Any hint appreciated.
ElfBane

Post by ElfBane »

Real good mod Zeltak! BTW, I don't think the final battle is too easy. We used up all our bombs and were down to fire arrows and spells (the two front tanks were down). My L26 fireballs did the job! Thanx for the excellent crawl!!
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

Thank you! and glad to hear you made it. I'll probably leave the end as it is. Thanks for the feedback.