[MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
aargh

Re: [MOD] Shadows of Grim Moon

Post by aargh »

I enjoyed most of the dungeon, the non-linearity was great, but the last level... I don't get it. Am I supposed to solve a (probably difficult) puzzle while being massacred by Goromogs without an option to sleep and regain some health or use a crystal? I ran out of potions in a few minutes and now I'm dying all the time with no idea how to finish the game.
hyppyp

Post by hyppyp »

Actually, the last level is not that hard, compared to the suffering on level 7 at least :) You need to get 2 generators working and send the energy beams the right way by pulling some switches and opening doors. This will lead you to the grand finale.....
You need to have enough food and potions to survive, no sleeping on the job here!
xhantos

Post by xhantos »

zeltak wrote:I've started a new one twice already, but haven't been satisfied about the feel of them, I haven't been able to get into the flow of making a dungeon. Hopefully third time I'll get in touch with my inner dungeon maker again :D
Yes Zeltak, we want another one! But take your time. I can understand the pressure of making something better and that's no easy task.
SigynDeus

Post by SigynDeus »

Thank you zeltak,
I had a savefile right at L6 entrance and started over. Seems fine now :)
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

I'm enjoying this so far but I've got stuck on level 2. I can't work out the teleporter puuzzles and end up falling into the builders maze because I'm not a believer. Then I can't find my way around the builders puzzle - the clues seem a bit vague to me. Am I missing something obvious here?
Numberouane

Post by Numberouane »

SpoilerShow
If im not mistaken, u should have found 4 amulets by this time and wear it for each party member...
Jaberwoke

Post by Jaberwoke »

Numberouane wrote:
SpoilerShow
If im not mistaken, u should have found 4 amulets by this time and wear it for each party member...
Thank you, Numberouane. I didn't see that one coming at all. Off to tackle the other teleporter puzzle on that level now.
darkgabber

Post by darkgabber »

Great mod, I really like it

I am also stuck at the teleporters on level 2
SpoilerShow
So far I found 3 bone amulets and 5 gear necklaces I tried a few but I keep falling. I play with Toorum, could playing with only one character cause a bug?
Can somebody help me with this?
zeltak

Post by zeltak »

I'm afraid I have no experience with Toorum and how the game handles him, it propably is the cause to your problems. Thanks for finding it out, and my apologies that he causes problems.
Hex

Post by Hex »

Can anybody give me a piece of advice how to pass level 7 puzzle? Yes, I've seen some "hints" in this topic. I still don't understand what actions must be done. I could guess what second and the 3rd scroll means, but what's the meaning of the others...