[Mod] Hypercube (Winner of first community editing contest)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
thomson

Re: [Mod] Hypercube (Winner of first community editing conte

Post by thomson »

Montis wrote:Ok I didn't ever think of that.
Exploiting traps for malice and pleasure since 2012, with or without designer's approval. Yeah!
Montis wrote:The over nine thousand damage is done so everytime you jump down you die for certain
I understand, but it is the cube falling, not me :) Out of curiosity, any large damage amount would do the trick. Why did you pick 9001?
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

thomson wrote: I understand, but it is the cube falling, not me :) Out of curiosity, any large damage amount would do the trick. Why did you pick 9001?
inb4 IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
Montis

Post by Montis »

Neikun wrote:IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!
!

The thing is that I didn't think of the cube falling down and since there's nothing else (except the cube) in the whole dungeon I put pressure plates down there that trigger the player's death. :)
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Montis

Post by Montis »

Ok, 1.0.6 removes the "exploit slash bug" that thomson mentioned by teleporting the Cube back up.

Thanks for pointing out anyway :D
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
h0munkulus

Post by h0munkulus »

I got Grimrock as part of the humblebundle and absolutely loved it.

This weekend I started with some custom dungeons and Hypercube was one of the first I tried. I really enjoy it so far, but unfortunately I am stuck. Maybe someone can give me a hint.

My situation:
SpoilerShow
I managed to get the first two puzzles to open the two doors in the first big room. In the tunnel system this uncovered I found a stone with a hint on the wall "that you can't throw it that far and 5+2 is the solution", I also found a hint "embrace the darkness" which let me to a button which opened a place with a torch and a hint that "it is to dangerous to walk alone". Also a secret wall opened up in the "dead end" that connected the two tunnel systems. But now I don't know what to do, next to the place you find the stone is a corridor with a trap door and a pressure plate on the other side, but as the hint says you can't throw the stone that far and I can't find any other buttons or pressure plates to use either the stone or the torch. What am I missing?
edit:
SpoilerShow
Now I feel like an idiot... If you equip your stone you can throw it a lot further than if you just throw it out of the inventory. Managed to beat the main game without realizing that mechanic. Knowing that now I managed to beat Hypercube. Very well done, thank you for the great experience.