[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep Sewers

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
thomson

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep Sewers

Post by thomson »

carlos2000 wrote:Levels 1 to 6 should be playable now - let me know if you find any error that stops you from progress.
I did not play through all 3-6 levels, but I found a handful of bugs, so I'm reporting. On level 5 in the lower right corner, there are hidden
trapdoors that open behind the party. I fell through one of them (level 5, position 23,28) and ended up in the wall on level 6.

The second bug is for portals. I found a portal on level 4 (16,1) and a stone medalion (which is stockable; it shouldn't) managed to
activate the portal. When inserted the stone medallion, the animation starts to play (suggestion: the party should not be able to
move at this stage; you can also drop the stone symbol before being teleported, and the object will respawn in your hand anyway;
I cloned stone necklace that way). It teleported me to level 9 properly.

This issue I found is a graphical one. On level 5, when standing at position 10,5 and facing south, I see odd horizontal lines. That's
probably because the ilusory walls at 10,6 look odd, when looked from behind. I tried to fix it, but there doesn't seem to be
any combination that would make them look ok.

Anyway, fantastic progress. Thanks a lot for doing this work.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
carlos2000

Post by carlos2000 »

thanks Thomson for the feed back
there is now version with levels 1 -11 (full of unfinished stuff) on Git

-re lvl 5 trapdoor - those misallignments in original drives me crazy
-re portals - well it's far from final stage, so far i am glad it works the way it is
-re illusional walls - those strange lines are horizontal faces of the wall model, you could say that watching from behind illusion , makes you notice some parts of it = its not completely invisible. Or we can later just create a completely flat wall without horizontal faces fo be seen from behind.
melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 »

Is the last updated version of this mod availale in the links of the 1st page?

I'd really love to play EoB with this engine ... (or LoG2),

tx,
mm75
thomson

Post by thomson »

melkor_morgoth75 wrote:Is the last updated version of this mod availale in the links of the 1st page?
Probably not. I just updated the link in my signature: https://github.com/grimrock/eob1-waterdeep. This is where we keep the sources. Carlos2000 did some work on it and according to his comments levels 1-11 are playable and level 12 is partially done. That may be a lot more than what's uploaded to either steam work or nexus.

Hopefully DJ (the only guy who has access to upload to either steam or nexus) will upload this one day...
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
melkor_morgoth75

Tx really, appreciated. But is the mod not playable and I should work aroundwith sources to try it?

If Carlos or someone has any update, I'm eager to try that ;)

Cheers!
mm75
thomson

Post by thomson »

melkor_morgoth75 wrote:Tx really, appreciated. But is the mod not playable and I should work aroundwith sources to try it?
What do you mean by 'not playable'? Any specific issues? Failed to load? You're stuck somewhere or what? Please be specific what exactly is wrong. Saying "not playable" is useless as a bug report, because nobody would know what to do with it. If there's a error message, please post the full error here.
melkor_morgoth75

Sorry, I'm not a native eng speaker so I could have explained a little bit deeper.

I expected as any other mod to get a .dat file, while I could only see the source files and folders within your link. Anything I should do manually to create a .dat the game can read?

Tx again for your help,
mm75
thomson

Post by thomson »

You can open those files in Dungeon Editor, then either play it in dungeon editor or export to generate the dat file yourself. I don't have LoG installed on this machine, so I can help you at this time. And don't worry. I'm not a native speaker, either. :)
melkor_morgoth75

Tx again, guess I'm acting as a noob as I even can't download anything at that site u posted :o

Is there any particular procedure to follow, if I go into all directories there and I see 1 file, it just gets displayed or it seems I can't do anything.

Tx for your patience&help,
mm75
maneus

Post by maneus »

melkor_morgoth75 wrote: Is there any particular procedure to follow, if I go into all directories there and I see 1 file, it just gets displayed or it seems I can't do anything.
mm75
Just click on the right side the button "Download ZIP". That should be all.
If it dosn´t work use this link:

https://github.com/grimrock/eob1-waterd ... master.zip