[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep Sewers

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JKos

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep Sewers

Post by JKos »

It seems to be so that I can't add any more spells, the magic missile spell broke (was reset to fireburst) when I added the vampiric touch spell, so the amount of the custom spells seems to be limited to 15. So I have to remove the vampiric touch :( Damn that cause was hard to figure out :evil: Thanks Petri ;)
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
JKos

Post by JKos »

I found a work around, i just named the vampiric touch to ice_shards (any original spell name can be used) and everything works fine again.
So in conclusion: we can have 15 custom named spells + all originals.
- LoG Framework 2http://sites.google.com/site/jkoslog2 Define hooks in runtime by entity.name or entity.id + multiple hooks support.
- cloneObject viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8450
odinsballs

Post by odinsballs »

found another beholder model wich should be at least 90% true to Original (meatball physique, ten tentacle eyes on head, no stuff hanging out of its arse) as Always only a static ingame model. but if yer folks can use it lemme know ;)
screenshot on log nexus:

http://grimrock.nexusmods.com/images/83
thomson

Post by thomson »

I've started creating a list of missing things (wallsets, monsters, props, items, etc.). You can find it here: https://github.com/grimrock/eob1-waterdeep/wiki. I've added couple items from level 4 (with screenshots from the original). Feel free to expand the list or add pointers to existing Grimrock work.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
vegetaman

Post by vegetaman »

I just went through and played what is done of this mod so far, and I really liked it. I found 4 secrets and all 15 notes and cleared all 3 floors in about an hour (at least I got as far as I think you can on level 3?)
SpoilerShow
At least I got to a point where there were 3 keyholes in this one wall and I couldn't do anything there, and I had 2 spare iron keys but they only seemed to go into a room with a dinosaur and 2 potions, and there seemed to be only one path down to level 4 -- through a hole in the floor in the middle of the maze on 3.
I haven't played EOB since... 2008 or so. I'm amazed I was ever able to beat the game without the excellent mapping system Grimrock provides. Yowza!

Great work guys; can't wait to see this continue on!
DJK

Post by DJK »

Keep this going guys! I love Eye of the Beholder :)
thomson

Post by thomson »

vegetaman wrote:I just went through and played what is done of this mod so far, and I really liked it. I found 4 secrets and all 15 notes and cleared all 3 floors in about an hour (at least I got as far as I think you can on level 3?)
Did you use version from steam or from github? You may want to download the version from github. This is our latest code. It should be albe to get to get to level 4 and do some things there. Many things will work on level 4, but some of them won't. It may be possible to get to level 5, but I'm not sure about it.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
vegetaman

Post by vegetaman »

thomson wrote:
vegetaman wrote:I just went through and played what is done of this mod so far, and I really liked it. I found 4 secrets and all 15 notes and cleared all 3 floors in about an hour (at least I got as far as I think you can on level 3?)
Did you use version from steam or from github? You may want to download the version from github. This is our latest code. It should be albe to get to get to level 4 and do some things there. Many things will work on level 4, but some of them won't. It may be possible to get to level 5, but I'm not sure about it.
Ah, I played the version from Steam. I will try the version from Github. :D
Unkillable Cat

Post by Unkillable Cat »

djoldgames wrote:
Unkillable Cat wrote:Isn't this list missing one monster? The long Drow Mage that's encountered on lv 6? Of course, he's probably the easiest to do, just a slight rework of the Goromorg and he's good to go.
You mean this Dark-robed figure:
That's the one. Also, a model for Shindia (female drow) from lv 10 is missing in the list.

On another related note, you guys say that you have some sort of data dump of the levels from Eye of the Beholder, and you're using that to recreate the levels as faithfully as possible. How detailed is this data dump? Does it say what flags are on each square and what they do? What further data from the game has been extracted? I'm currently writing a FAQ for all three games and I'd appreciate any raw data that I can get.
thomson

Post by thomson »

Unkillable Cat wrote:On another related note, you guys say that you have some sort of data dump of the levels from Eye of the Beholder, and you're using that to recreate the levels as faithfully as possible. How detailed is this data dump? Does it say what flags are on each square and what they do? What further data from the game has been extracted? I'm currently writing a FAQ for all three games and I'd appreciate any raw data that I can get.
See EobConverter link in my signature. It's a java code. It extracts walls, object locations, items, monsters and special actions. Special actions are only decoded and no grimrock code is generated based on it. The easiest way to check it out, is to download it, and run it yourself.