[DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
chaoscommencer

Re: [DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Post by chaoscommencer »

Thanks for all the time and hard work you've put into this John. A lot of people use this great tool and will continue to use it for some time (or at least until the LoG2 version comes out ;) ).
Working on a dungeon that displays a massive collection of assets while sorting them into convenient reusable plugin format (concept from some of leki's mods). Will contribute some of my own models as well eventually and follow that with custom dungeon.
maneus

Post by maneus »

Thank you for the final version and the “Flip UVs Vertically” feature, John. Great work!
AdrTru

Post by AdrTru »

Thank you very much for your jobs.
This GMT is nessesery tool for all moders :)

I have one problem with Assimp Import- Its show message:
"
GMTAssimpBridge: Error loading unmanaged library from path:
Assimp32.dll, see inner exeption for details.
Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen. ( Exception from HRESULT:0x8007007E)
"
in console.log is :
Grimrock Model Toolkit 0.7.0.0 Started.
GMTAssimpBridge: Error loading unmanaged library from path: Assimp32.dll, see inner exception for details.
Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Attempted to SetLoadedModel with a null GrimModel.

What I must do for fix it?

- Windows7 - 32 ( working notebook - it is immpossible to instal to C: )

EDIT: After reinstal as I have message : about missing MSVCP110.dll

This error I fixed by install Visual C++ 2012 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30679

ITS FIXED and Assimp working now.
My LOG2 projects: virtual money, Forge recipes, liquid potions and
MultiAlcoveManager, Toolbox, Graphic text,
germanny

Post by germanny »

GREAT, but i have an error:
I use W7 x64 pro, may that help (for the ..32.dll?')
after error i set the path var to install folder in system settings, too.
Didn´t help.
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Possibly a funny build option on Assimp, I'll have a look tomorrow!

Great to see you got it working AdrTru - was it just installing the VC2012 Redist package that fixed it? If so, could you try that Germanny?
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
germanny

Post by germanny »

No, that didn´t help :/
May this be a conflict by using x64 assimp dll and x86 program?
Dungeon Master Resource Pack worker and passionated Beer drinker
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Having got my hands on a PC that doesn't have all of my development tools on, I've managed to recreate the problem. You just need to install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4".

HOWEVER, you need to install the 32-bit (x86) version even if you are running a 64-bit OS, as my application always runs in 32-bit mode. I forget why now, but I think it was something to do with SlimDX and 64-bit mode not playing ball in my app. Just to clarify - you should install "VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe".

I might put a link to this on the Assimp import panel - just to make it clear!
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

GMT 0.7.0.1

Just a quick rebuild - version 0.7.0.1 shouldn't require the VS Redist package to be installed to use Assimp. Other than that - it's the same.
Leki

Post by Leki »

John, add one more feature into GMT please:
In "Model" add Show/Hide model info, visible in viewport left top corner: number of polygons, newline, number of vertices, newline, number of materials, newline, size of model in MB + all usefull info (dont count bcg scene models etc, only "main model"). Also check the window size of "Editing Node Transform Dialog" - I can see for some reason only 1/2 of bottom buttons. Just make it "higher".
Thanks!
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Custode

Post by Custode »

Hi John, I am having a problem with the GMT that I have never experienced before today, I just can't seem to be able to display textures in the viewport anymore and I haven't changed anything since the last time I used the program, it is all setup in the right way with all the paths leading to the correct directories.
I have searched the forum and the web in general for a solution or a similar problem but I have found nothing even remotely close.
I really hope you or someone else can help me solve this issue because I recently started working on a new wallset and I would like to be able to finish it.
Thank you in advance for any help.