[DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Leki

Re: [DONE] Grimrock Model Tookit

Post by Leki »

Isaac wrote:
Leki wrote:2) if dae exported model is ok, then use it to export *.model and from fbx export use only animation files.
I don't think that can work... You'd have to ask John to be certain, but I don't think that grimFBX animations are interchangeable with anything but grimFBX .model output. :(
If nodes in *.model has the same name as nodes in animation, there is no issue I guess. e.g. open skeleton archer in GMT and load skeleton warrior animations. Nodes with the same name are animated. Rename node in any model and load animation with the same name and it will be "animated". So if dae model has names of nodes and skin, and animation is made in the same way, there is no issue. The problem is if they have different axis orientation etc.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Leki wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Leki wrote:2) if dae exported model is ok, then use it to export *.model and from fbx export use only animation files.
I don't think that can work... You'd have to ask John to be certain, but I don't think that grimFBX animations are interchangeable with anything but grimFBX .model output. :(
If nodes in *.model has the same name as nodes in animation, there is no issue I guess. e.g. open skeleton archer in GMT and load skeleton warrior animations. Nodes with the same name are animated. Rename node in any model and load animation with the same name and it will be "animated". So if dae model has names of nodes and skin, and animation is made in the same way, there is no issue. The problem is if they have different axis orientation etc.
It's been a while... but I'm thinking that the animations would always mangle an imported [blender] DAE. I think grimFBX re-builds the model strangely ~but functional.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Hi guys.

Trying my hand at modding and creating new models using GMT and Blender. I have already come across a problem which baffles me. OK, I take an asset pack model (temple_stairs_down.model) open it into GMT, export it as an .obj, import it back into GMT and save as a new .model file and when I use it in the DE, the thing is enormous. My only guess as to the problem is that somewhere the sizing parameters are lost. I assume someone must know about this and can tell me when and how to reset the size. Thanks.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

I've done some calculations and the size is increased by a minimum of 63 times to a rough estimate of about 112 times normal size. :o
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Allanius2 wrote:Hi guys.

Trying my hand at modding and creating new models using GMT and Blender. I have already come across a problem which baffles me. OK, I take an asset pack model (temple_stairs_down.model) open it into GMT, export it as an .obj, import it back into GMT and save as a new .model file and when I use it in the DE, the thing is enormous. My only guess as to the problem is that somewhere the sizing parameters are lost. I assume someone must know about this and can tell me when and how to reset the size. Thanks.
When I import ~typically I immediately rescale the object to 0.01 size.

*Also: It really helps later on, to set your grid to match a floor tile.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Isaac wrote:*Also: It really helps later on, to set your grid to match a floor tile.
How do I do this?
maneus

Post by maneus »

In the GMT choose the model node so the model changed to color red and then on the right side in the options where 1 stands in "Scale" enter 0,01 and then push the button "Scale" right the entryfield. So your model should be rescaled now.
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

maneus wrote:In the GMT choose the model node so the model changed to color red and then on the right side in the options where 1 stands in "Scale" enter 0,01 and then push the button "Scale" right the entryfield. So your model should be rescaled now.
Ok, this would be done after importing the .obj file?
Leki

Post by Leki »

Here is a tutorial mady by Skuggasveinn some time ago.

[/color]

Direct Link to the video tutuorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrs7j2J354
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Allanius2

Post by Allanius2 »

Ah. The 0.01 scaling worked perfectly. Thanks.

Now I just have to learn the Blender controls... Reminds me of the scene from Airplane where Ted Striker is looking at the controls of the plane... controls... more controls.... even more controls... washer... dryer.... :shock: