Grimrock Nexus and You

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
msyblade

Re: Grimrock Nexus and You

Post by msyblade »

Any creators that would like other routes to distribute their mods: ModDB, and GameFront are fantastic outlets that most people have not tapped into. My mod has 3500-4000 downloads between these two sites, 1500 dl's on Game front, and 2150 on ModDB. I didn't purchase the Steam version, so I had to get creative.

GameFront: http://www.gamefront.com/files/23078363 ... 56-1-5.zip
Simply register and click the "Upload" button on the top right, I THINK. I actually didn't upload my file here, some let's play guys called "Mod Men" did, and I discovered later on a google search.

ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/legend-of-grimrock/mods
Register, and go to your "downloads" page, near the bottom right, next to "add download", select "upload now".

Hope this helps!
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Komag

Post by Komag »

Hmm, only 4 dungeons on MODDB. I'm uploaded Master Quest there now.

For uploading the MODDB, a note: I tried typing in "grimrock" at the bottom for "Link groups, games & mods", and it came up with nothing. Then I typed "Legend of Grimrock" and it found it.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

seems to be a problem with multiple fields on Nexus at the moment :(

if you upload images using multiple fields only the first is loaded, if you use multiple fields to update a change log, only the first field is recognised and so it goes on. Only the first field of multiple fields works

For info to other modders ;)
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I know this topic is 3 years dead.

I've visited nexus surely over 10 times. Tried to reg as a free client. Later I just gave up.

Last month I've bought 10 euro on paypal, so I could reg to the nexus. I thought hey maybe I have to pay a bit to use its services..

Well, I still cant get it to work..

I'm not dissing the nexusmod site. But if you ask me:" Is it an user friendly site?" I say Hell no!.. Even our old forum and server from 1998( still up) is 10 x more friendly...

Edit: WHy is registering so complicated and so confusing? Nexus doesn't want new members, so it seems?

Edit:2: I've seen more people having this issue and using other sites. So nexus isn't a must to upload a mod for A.H and indie games?..

THen I just upload it to filedropper or even dropbox. Those sites I do understand. ( sorry nexus). I can even put my own server online. I do have a 300mbit down and 300mbit Up at my local home. ( yes no joke, its really this fast, only 65 euro a month)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

What did they change? I had no trouble signing up. :?
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

I cant got it to work. I've even tried opera or firefox, heck..... after thinking even I.E.

I can not sign up. Its not possible for me. ( for a year now)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

This is interesting; (and it's two years old):
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... p=10345413

I don't see any recent news about sign up trouble; but they were getting DDOSed about a week or two ago.
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

site working good now https://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/ I am a big fan of this although lately they have added this annoying small video window that sits bottom right and pushes their latest Fallout4 game, there's no way of stopping it, just like some relentless advert, apart from that it's pretty good