Grimrock Nexus and You

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Grimwold

Re: Grimrock Nexus and You

Post by Grimwold »

Montis wrote:
Grimwold wrote:
Dark0ne wrote:If you let me know the username, or PM me the email addy you used I can verify the account for you. Some mail providers have marked the Nexus server as spam as it sends out about 8,000 activation emails a day. Not great, I know :(
I've had the same problem.. Tried to register for an account a couple of days ago and didn't receive an activation email. Username = Grimw0ld
you have to re-register since the account gets deleted if not verified after 24 hours.
Cool. It actually worked that time! Thanks for the info Montis.
SpacialKatana

Post by SpacialKatana »

I've noticed, even when logged in my page views for my mod increases, even if I just refresh the page. I'd prefer if this didn't happen, so I can get a more accurate view on how popular the mod is.
Drachir

Post by Drachir »

I'm just well impressed that someone has been able to get a couple of custom dungeons written already :shock:

My 'Test' dungeon just has a couple of doors opened by buttons and keys :oops:

I use Nexus already when looking for all my mods (Dragon Age notably) .. it's a great resource :D
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

The Nexus site will serve LoG fans well, it's a great community and resource. If I ever create anything worth sharing for LoG I will certainly be uploading to the site and I encourage others to do so too.
Brodie301

Post by Brodie301 »

Just a reminder to all that you can upload more than just your WIP and/or mod to the Nexus.
You can upload wallsets to the wallset files or weapons to the weapon file etc...
If you wish to share your hard work that is!
The FORCE is with me!!!
King Semos

Post by King Semos »

I tried downloading the NMM, and when it detects my games either itself or if I do it manually the green check appears and I press Ok.

But then an error says, No games were detected, NMM will now close.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

King Semos wrote:I tried downloading the NMM, and when it detects my games either itself or if I do it manually the green check appears and I press Ok.

But then an error says, No games were detected, NMM will now close.
When its scans for compatible games any that are found will present like this:
SpoilerShow
At this point it is saying that it has found the game at this location and is asking for your confirmation. Clicking on the check mark and then selecting OK at the bottom will give you this which is a final confirmation of all the games you have instructed it to manage.
SpoilerShow
The following dialogue box is asking which game you wish to currently manage mods for, select OK again on the highlighted LoG option.
SpoilerShow
The last part of the setup process is defining where you wish to install the mods, you may want to change the default location by choosing this icon Image
SpoilerShow
NMM will startup and you will be asked to log in using your Nexus site credentials and will then open the program.
SpoilerShow
Neikun

Post by Neikun »

I think that it should be noted that with the Nexus, we are able to host more than just dungeon mods.
We can host new models and textures and lovely things.
"I'm okay with being referred to as a goddess."
Community Model Request Thread
See what I'm working on right now: Neikun's Workshop
Lead Coordinator for Legends of the Northern Realms Project
  • Message me to join in!
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

I would like to say, when I need resources/assets, i go to Nexus. When I need a mainstream/complete dungeon, I goto the Nexus. It is becoming THE Grimrock resource for me. If you make Grimrock Resources/content, and don't put it on the nexus, I won't see it. Please consider this when designing/developing. I wanna use it too!

PS. On a side note, I have never used NMM. I just download manually to my dungeons folder
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Halluinoid

Post by Halluinoid »

I find the Nexus upload pretty hard to do :oops:

could we have a YOU TUBE video showing us step by step HOW to upload our dungeon please :D