Post your mods

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
petri

Re: Post your mods

Post by petri »

Brewitz wrote:If you make a beta-test-mod are you supposed to be able to continue working on that when the editor is officially released or do you have to begin all over again from scratch?
Just want to know before I go bananas and then it´s not working anymore in a couple of days/weeks?
It is possible but we are trying to avoid the situation. Dungeon.lua is a regular text file so it should be always possible to fix any incompatibilities with your levels that arise if the scripting interface changes.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

I made a moderately sized single floor dungeon, not including pits. Mostly a bunch of puzzles made to see what I could do that hasn't been done. It's got some neat visual things, a few custom items, and illusory walls. I particularly like the one where I made a room full of wall-mounted torches that all seal the room and teleport you out, but one of them is an artifact.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qo4c4vf6codqp4
petri

Post by petri »

Lmaoboat wrote:I made a moderately sized single floor dungeon, not including pits. Mostly a bunch of puzzles made to see what I could do that hasn't been done. It's got some neat visual things, a few custom items, and illusory walls. I particularly like the one where I made a room full of wall-mounted torches that all seal the room and teleport you out, but one of them is an artifact.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qo4c4vf6codqp4
Great! You should publish your mod in Nexus or Workshop, or both! :)
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

I might try to spread it out a little more and make it feel more dungeon-y first.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Well I cleaned things up a little and added to the workshop as Testy Dungeon.
I think the real hard part will be designing a dungeon that feels natural, with enemies and items placed organically, instead of juts making a series of puzzles.
Last edited by Lmaoboat on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Komag

Post by Komag »

I'm not sure how to see this mod (or antti's) - nothing is shown/listed in-game on the Custom Dungeon screen, clicking on Browse Workshop doesn't do anything either. In my Steam account window, when I go to My Profile - My Workshop, it looks like I don't have a name or haven't signed up for something - is this different from my regular Steam account name? I just see a question mark for the picture, ***** for my "name", with no games listed, etc. Maybe I just have to sign up for the workshop? Steam community?

hmm, when I browse workshop, I found a Legend of Grimrock choice, with 17 items, but I don't know what to do with them, how to get them.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Just click the subscribe button.
Leki

Post by Leki »

Komag wrote:I'm not sure how to see this mod (or antti's) - nothing is shown/listed in-game on the Custom Dungeon screen, clicking on Browse Workshop doesn't do anything either. In my Steam account window, when I go to My Profile - My Workshop, it looks like I don't have a name or haven't signed up for something - is this different from my regular Steam account name? I just see a question mark for the picture, ***** for my "name", with no games listed, etc. Maybe I just have to sign up for the workshop? Steam community?

hmm, when I browse workshop, I found a Legend of Grimrock choice, with 17 items, but I don't know what to do with them, how to get them.
Just open detail of mod and click "Subscribe" :idea: Start LoG -> Custom dungeon -> and you can find there all subscribed dungeons.
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
Komag

Post by Komag »

Thanks guys, didn't know "subscribe" meant something like "download" (I thought it was more like "follow" to see updates or something).

Working great, trying these dungeons, getting ideas!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

Komag wrote:Thanks guys, didn't know "subscribe" meant something like "download" (I thought it was more like "follow" to see updates or something).
I suppose it's "subscribe" instead of "download" because you're not downloading one version but steam probably downloads new versions as the mod gets updated..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..