Eye of the Beholder

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Stygius

Re: Eye of the Beholder

Post by Stygius »

It would be great to have Eob remake but i think it should have similar look but diffrent maps, maybe even diffrent art.By art i mean diffrent look of walls in some cases.
for example level 1 and 2 is in sewers.Walls are red and tunnel is square.It looks ok but tbh i think real sewers should be round like pipe(it can cause problems in grimrock because normal dungeon square got floor ,roof and 2-4 walls , in this case you would have only 2 walls and no floor or roof).
About monsters - modeling them takes a lot of time and efforts :(.Tried that and i still got few problems -especially texturing , btw how many triangles got grimrock monsters in game ?
I am including image of my tries ,kobold(cut in half) ,rust monster and some walls .Rust and walls got no zbrush details
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/8287/eobmr.jpg
AmiDARK

Post by AmiDARK »

Hi Stygius,

It should not cause problems.
In fact, all depend the way you create your walls/ceils/floors models.
Having round is not a pb.

Concerning models, we can maybe find some models in high quality models website like turbosquid.com ...
Concerning the map ... Maybe it could be nice to rebuild entirely the 2 sewers map like the original and then change the other one smally by smally up to have the lasts maps totally different from the original game ;)

Regards,
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Good work Stygius! I actually quite like red brick sewer from EOB it's such a classic look. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
xdeath

Post by xdeath »

I remember those little green eyes watching me from the drain.
It's amazing how atmospheric that game is with limited graphics.
marcuz99

Post by marcuz99 »

SiENcE wrote: Thu May 10, 2012 5:04 pm
marcuz99 wrote:

You've made a new wallset? Nice one! :D

Daniel.
It needs some work in regards of buttons, holes etc, but the walls are complete. Still I have had a look at Dungeon Eye and I can't figure how to export the templates it uses for to position correctly the walls in it

A mock up of the walls i did plus new background of the interface is here:

Today I'm drawing from scratch a set of faces for Grimrock, to replace the existing ones in a style that's more close to the one from EoB and more drawn, comics-like; I'll release it later this week, but here a very early preview:

Nice graphics.

Would you like to work on a classic dungeon crawler?

A friend and me are currently working on a classic dungeon crawler. It's possible to play a party in 4 player LAN/Internet Multiplayer mode.

You can try a first Prototyp in your Browser (uses WebGL): http://dungeonspace.schattenkind.net

We do not have an artist yet, because we want to concentrate on finishing the gameengine. But if you like to join our project it would be cool.

If other artist read this, your are also welcome!

cheers
SiENcE
Hey, look here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18331 :)