spider mod pls :)

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
sprawler

spider mod pls :)

Post by sprawler »

Replace all spiders in game with crabs or slimes, or rats :D
Gudadantza

Re: spider mod pls :)

Post by Gudadantza »

I had never seen so many complains together about digital spiders in a game, I am surprised.

Poor bugs... they are nice :mrgreen:

Great job devs! these spiders seem to be the most detailed and realistic spiders seen in a videogame :D

Just kidding, Every future mod will be welcome.
AraxisHT

Post by AraxisHT »

Be careful what you ask for. You just might get a crab. (be careful what you click on too)

Seriously though, completely unrelated to gameplay, if images of spiders are that big of a deal you should really be looking to solve the problem instead of working around it. If you can muster up the self-control and the time, you can drastically reduce your fear in a couple days by conditioning yourself. I would think it would reasonably take longer when doing it alone though.
I'm not trying to criticize, just encourage the improvement of life quality.
mk.2

Post by mk.2 »

So, arachnophobia is becoming another Internet meme?
I've seen a lot of it on Reddit but have never thought it would spread this wide.
seebs

Post by seebs »

mk.2 wrote:So, arachnophobia is becoming another Internet meme?
I've seen a lot of it on Reddit but have never thought it would spread this wide.
It's pretty common in the world as a whole -- depending on how severe it needs to be to qualify, estimates from a few percent to 10% or so of the general populace, higher if you include more minor fears.

Enough people to notice, anyway.
Arctor

Post by Arctor »

Too bad the arachnophobes haven't tried cognitive counseling first, before demanding changes to someone's incredibly hard work and great design. Makes me sad.
sprawler

Post by sprawler »

Hey to be honest i dont have any problems with my home spiders , when see one i just slap it and throw it to trashcan. My problem are computer spiders, diffrence is that real ones , home spiders dont jump on your face trying to kill you . in my home, spiders are size of ants, sometimes as big as finger nails so this isint a problem. I could finish games like avp gold and avp 2(facehuggers) but i have to struggle real hard with those face huggers. i can play games when spiders are in low numbers , but games like dark messiah of might and magic or turok 2 (spider lair) there are sick , there lots of spiders , game designers were some spider mega fans, each spider attack is adernaline to the max, and i have blood preasure problems , so such jumps are not for me.So i try no to play souch adrenaline junping games :) , thats why i want those spiders out. there are two things that i dont like about spiders in grimrock. first when im not facing him and get attacked i see those legs bleee , got scared fev times. second, he attack to dynamicly almost like sucking to my face . To much adrenaline, i want rpg game , not horror-rpg :P
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Arctor wrote:
Too bad the arachnophobes haven't tried cognitive counseling first, before demanding changes to someone's incredibly hard work and great design. Makes me sad.
Yeah, who are they to demand AH to change their hard work just for them! They should at least asking for somebody to make a mod instead! Perhaps even post in some sort of modding section!
mk.2

Post by mk.2 »

seebs wrote:It's pretty common in the world as a whole -- depending on how severe it needs to be to qualify, estimates from a few percent to 10% or so of the general populace, higher if you include more minor fears.

Enough people to notice, anyway.
I've known that arachnophobia is real and there are people that severely affected by this condition, but than again people tend to be exaggerated on the Internet for fun. On Reddit, for example, when someone mentions spider, there will be dozens of "kill it with fire" sort of comments after that. Game screenshots with spider and NOPE text are very popular as well.

So, whenever I see people talk about their fear of spider, I usually assume that they don't actually mean it and it is just another meme like telling a woman to "get back to the kitchen" or "make me a sandwich " meme.
Arctor wrote:Too bad the arachnophobes haven't tried cognitive counseling first, before demanding changes to someone's incredibly hard work and great design. Makes me sad.
Honestly, this is the first time I've seen people request to replace an in-game monster because it is too frightening.

In a way ,I'd say this is something Almost Human can be proud of; making digital arachnids realistic enough to induce fear on many people.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

mk.2 wrote:
Arctor wrote:Too bad the arachnophobes haven't tried cognitive counseling first, before demanding changes to someone's incredibly hard work and great design. Makes me sad.
Honestly, this is the first time I've seen people request to replace an in-game monster because it is too frightening.

In a way ,I'd say this is something Almost Human can be proud of; making digital arachnids realistic enough to induce fear on many people.
A spider replacement was one of the first mods for Skyrim.