[MOD] The Return of the Dark Lord

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
HypnoToad

Re: [MOD] The Return of the Dark Lord

Post by HypnoToad »

edensgreen1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:00 am Hii Hypnotoad, I really like this mod of yours. Graphics may be a bit GR1 in style, but I play the GR mods because I enjoy the escapism and the puzzles. Yours is a great mod if you like to be made to think. Speaking of which I am stuck at the "place something found lying amid the flock..or get a shock. well plenty of shocks later, I cannot find the thing, including all my invent. and clothes etc. Maybe I dropped it earlier, but cannot seem to get back to level 4. A hint if u can? cheers from up the coast.
Thanks for the approval.
SpoilerShow
It's with all the items on the lowest level called "The Tomb", the clues to tell you what it is were "But stick to it and you will succeed!" & "Stick to your plan and good luck!"
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
andyroosta

Post by andyroosta »

Downloaded it today too..will give it a try when i've finished a couple of other mods..thanks for making it HypnoToad!
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

Hi again, yep I havent got down to that level yet, still trying to sort out the 5 green wall buttons. Presuming that one of the notes contains a hint, I havent been able to get past. The obvious (press in order according to the numbered note) doesnt work, so have tried various combinations back and forth,. The second obvious answer wld be to press each button the same no. that is given in the note, but when I press V the last time, the game crashes. Do I need an upgraded version, and am I on the right path? Tks HT.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

edensgreen1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:25 am Hi again, yep I havent got down to that level yet, still trying to sort out the 5 green wall buttons. Presuming that one of the notes contains a hint, I havent been able to get past. The obvious (press in order according to the numbered note) doesnt work, so have tried various combinations back and forth,. The second obvious answer wld be to press each button the same no. that is given in the note, but when I press V the last time, the game crashes. Do I need an upgraded version, and am I on the right path? Tks HT.
Hmm, I can't get it to crash, if you push a button too many times it says the button was reset, I will check further.
SpoilerShow
Look at the note and left to right is the button position, and it's the number of times to press each button.
I got the game to crash if I pressed the buttons after the key appeared, this will require a script alteration to fix. If you can't start with a save where no buttons have been pressed, press each button until the "The button was reset" message appears for each button. Then press each button the right number of times. Wait a few seconds before grabbing the key when it appears in the alcove and report back.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

Hi HT, tks for getting back...I reset each button before the sequence. the V key crashes when I pressed starting from 1 thru to V. Starting at 11 (L to R) the game crashes on the 111 at the last press.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

We tried transferring the saved game onto another PC, but it still crashed on last 111 press. Here is the error msge:

#script_entity_70:9: attempt to index global 'script_entity_58' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
[string "ScriptInterface.lua"]: in function 'addItem'
#script_entity_70:9: in function <#script_entity_70:1>
[string "ScriptEntity.lua"]: in function 'onMessageReceived'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'sendMessageToEntity'
[string "MessageSystem.lua"]: in function 'broadcastMessage'
[string "TriggerEvents.lua"]: in function 'fire'
[string "Button.lua"]: in function 'push'
[string "Button.lua"]: in function 'onClick'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'mousePressed'
[string "GameMode.lua"]: in function 'update'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'display'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk

OS Version 6.1

OEM ID: 0
Number of processors: 6
Page size: 4096
Processor type: 586

Total memory: 8173 MB
Free memory: 4168 MB

Display device 0:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
State flags: 00000005

Display device 1:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAY2
Device string: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
State flags: 00000000

Display device 2:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV1
Device string: RDPDD Chained DD
State flags: 00000008

Display device 3:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV2
Device string: RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
State flags: 00200008

Display device 4:
Device name: \\.\DISPLAYV3
Device string: RDP Reflector Display Driver
State flags: 00200008
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

edensgreen1 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 am We tried transferring the saved game onto another PC, but it still crashed on last 111 press. Here is the error msge:
I get the exact same message but only after pressing the buttons once the winged key appears in the alcove to the left, but I take it you don't get to the stage where all the players have "level up" and the winged key appears.

Trying to work out how you can get past this, do you have a save game a bit earlier so you can get to the buttons before you pressed any of them? If not I can send you a private message on how to bypass this, let me know.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

The other save is on level 5, so a far way back. I did have a few unused level up points so I used them all before pressing the last button but still crashed.
edensgreen1

Post by edensgreen1 »

OK so I went back to level 5 save and replayed - it didnt take long, then after killing the critters and putting the thing in the alcove, I pressed the buttons in correct order, and it still crashed on 111, last press. I saved it first. After it crashed I went back and reset all the buttons first, and then redid the pressing sequence, but still it crashed on button 111, last press. so I might need help to get past. tks.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

edensgreen1 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 am OK so I went back to level 5 save and replayed - it didnt take long, then after killing the critters and putting the thing in the alcove, I pressed the buttons in correct order, and it still crashed on 111, last press. I saved it first. After it crashed I went back and reset all the buttons first, and then redid the pressing sequence, but still it crashed on button 111, last press. so I might need help to get past. tks.
No problem, PM sent, seems to be one of those things with mods, what works at home plays up when its out there, others having the same problem let me know.

I found a problem with the scripting that caused problems under certain situations, like if the player placed something in the alcove before trying the buttons, it works fine now, fingers crossed. I am uploading V3 to Nexus.