[MOD] Survive 4.0 Ultimate Edition

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
geniusmcp

Re: [MOD] Survive 2.4

Post by geniusmcp »

Thank you a lot
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

I am having trouble, there isn't a teleporter in the north/west of Level 28 - Dimension Y or one in the north/west of Level 29 - Dimension Z, I watched the walkthough of these parts by Alex Denier and he had both of them when he just goes to those parts, there is nothing to turn one on in either that I can see, so in mine there is none so I am trapped in those areas.

If they have to be turned on please let me know where and how, it's driving me crazy.

If not and I had the coordinates I could use the console to teleport to where they go, just worried there are more missing.

It's a great mod and has kept me interested, just ask my wife. :D
Last edited by HypnoToad on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription
geniusmcp

Post by geniusmcp »

Hello,

i have the same problem - no teleporter

Thank you a lot for this wonderful mod.

Kind regards,

Dieter
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

geniusmcp wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm Hello,

i have the same problem - no teleporter

Thank you a lot for this wonderful mod.

Kind regards,

Dieter
I managed to teleport using the console command by watching the walkthrough, with some guesswork and using the map as a guide to get through dimensions Y & Z, if you look at the map you can count x from the left starting at 0 and y from the top starting with 0. :
SpoilerShow
party:setPosition(x,y,facing,level)
Now back on Level 26 so hopefully it will go smoothly from now on.
geniusmcp

Post by geniusmcp »

Will this be fixed?

Regards,

Dieter
geniusmcp

Post by geniusmcp »

Hello,

i am having 2 problems: there are no teleporters in dimension Y and Z?

Regards,
Dieter
Resu

Post by Resu »

@
geniusmcp wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm Will this be fixed?

Regards,

Dieter
There is nothing to fix. If in your Version aren't teleporters I have absolutely no explaination for it. In the Editor are active Teleporters. When I play there are active Teleporters. In the Playthrough are active Teleporters too, he played it through without any console commands. So I am sorry but I cant help you because I have no idea what causes this.

The only thing I can suggest in a situation like this is using console commands to teleport just like @Hypnotoad did.
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Resu wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:17 pm @
geniusmcp wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm Will this be fixed?

Regards,

Dieter
There is nothing to fix. If in your Version aren't teleporters I have absolutely no explaination for it. In the Editor are active Teleporters. When I play there are active Teleporters. In the Playthrough are active Teleporters too, he played it through without any console commands. So I am sorry but I cant help you because I have no idea what causes this.

The only thing I can suggest in a situation like this is using console commands to teleport just like @Hypnotoad did.
It is strange, I was missing the teleporters and also only got two skull keys instead of three, luckily you posted the id of the skull keys so I could spawn the other one. Gremlins in the system, also I didn't have a way to release the "EmBrazz", no button on the wall in the alcove to open his gates like in the walkthrough, once I got past those parts it was fine, and even found the other ending using the master key.

It was a great mod IMO, especially if you like fighting, the doom hammer was my favorite weapon.

Update:
I wonder if there is something were doing in the game that turns them off, I started a new game and teleported directly to near the one in Dimension Z and it's there, but when I load my save game and go there it's not. Weird huh.
Resu

Post by Resu »

@HypnoToad

Yes very strange.. I wish someone could explain this to me :?

Haha you found the doom hammer?? Congrats!! I think you are the first one bro! And you did hammer skills with your warrior anyway??

Congratulation for the secret ending too! Forgive me but I had issues with the ending so there were no pictures.. i wish someone could explain this also to me.
SpoilerShow
Before the ending issue you could also see a picture of paradise
If you like to see it I can send it to you :D
HypnoToad

Post by HypnoToad »

Resu wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm @HypnoToad

Yes very strange.. I wish someone could explain this to me :?

Haha you found the doom hammer?? Congrats!! I think you are the first one bro! And you did hammer skills with your warrior anyway??

Congratulation for the secret ending too! Forgive me but I had issues with the ending so there were no pictures.. i wish someone could explain this also to me.
SpoilerShow
Before the ending issue you could also see a picture of paradise
If you like to see it I can send it to you :D
I use two fighters, one rogue and one wizard, I upped the mace skills on one fighter, there are other weapons that use mace skills and their is actually two doom hammers in the game as I found another one near the end.

Thanks for a great game, it kept me going for weeks. And yes you can send me the picture, thanks.