[MOD] Survive 4.0 Ultimate Edition

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
depelek

Re: [MOD] Survive 2.0

Post by depelek »

If I read before returning, but as I saw in another comment than there was a level 33 and 34,

I did not think that it was the end at the level 31
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

I'm going to start this, and hope support :)
Resu

Post by Resu »

leewroy wrote:I'm going to start this, and hope support :)
Leeroooooooy JEEENKINS! :D :D

Ofc you can have my support bro :) Enjoy!
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Resu wrote:

I had to do some research to know about who/what you're talking about, lol.

Well, I'm currentry at the very begining of level 23. Can't really say how many things I found broken in your module, but seems that all those books that add traits to champions make the game crashes, if the champion doesn't have the trait.

The battles seems unbalanced, mainly if you start with a new party. There is a place with infinite respawns until you found and turn 2 levers, but it's almost impossible to reach it with waves of monsters.

There are holes that if you fall, you got stuck. Or then, requires something beyond imagination to escape.

The wind dagger is the most powerful item in the game. As long as you have food, you can win every battle.

Some puzzle involving plates are really hard to figure.

I know the module is focused on combat, as you said, but maybe cut the numer of lever in a half, taking the better of the levels, would make a great module.

So far, console is being abused, lol. Despite all I mentioned is a cool mod, just need some fixes. I'll doing it till the end cause I want to see how it ends. And I have the master key, so I guess I'll see all 34 floors.

Cheers!
Resu

Post by Resu »

leewroy wrote:
Resu wrote:

I had to do some research to know about who/what you're talking about, lol.

Well, I'm currentry at the very begining of level 23. Can't really say how many things I found broken in your module, but seems that all those books that add traits to champions make the game crashes, if the champion doesn't have the trait.

The battles seems unbalanced, mainly if you start with a new party. There is a place with infinite respawns until you found and turn 2 levers, but it's almost impossible to reach it with waves of monsters.

There are holes that if you fall, you got stuck. Or then, requires something beyond imagination to escape.

The wind dagger is the most powerful item in the game. As long as you have food, you can win every battle.

Some puzzle involving plates are really hard to figure.

I know the module is focused on combat, as you said, but maybe cut the numer of lever in a half, taking the better of the levels, would make a great module.

So far, console is being abused, lol. Despite all I mentioned is a cool mod, just need some fixes. I'll doing it till the end cause I want to see how it ends. And I have the master key, so I guess I'll see all 34 floors.

Cheers!
First of all leewroy, I want to thank you for your far-sighted critism! Very helpful!

I agree with most of your points. You are completely right about this mod needing some fixes. Unfortunately this is my very first MOD and my first "contact" with scripts and stuff.. So I am really bad at scripting :D I am sorry about ppl having trouble but i just dont know how to fix most of the issues.. for example the chest damage crash thing.. i just have no idea how to fix it. I also dont know how i can fix the book crash problem you mentioned :( So i am very grateful for any help!

I dont know exactly what you mean by "The battles seems unbalanced, mainly if you start with a new party", but i disagree with you here. The mentioned part where you have to stop spawning with levers is not even close to "impossible". It wasnt always easy, because i dont want it to be easy, but i've done it like 10 times, and I only play in Hard difficulty.

The Wind Dagger indeed.. is unbalanced. I admit. It is just another league of being strong :D I just love my creation too much i guess :D I want the game being "balanced" excactly like you, but dont want to drop the whole item. Do you have any ideas about balancing it?

I would be also very grateful if you could just tell me some of the things you would cut exactly and why.

I hope that you can enjoy my mod just a little bit despite script issues :)
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

No, thank, YOU for your effort and for take the criticism in such way. :)

I'm a long time player, and I've been away for a while. I must have played all or near all modules, released between 2012 and 2013. I took a long vacation after LoG 2 and resumed playing some days ago. I pick the dungeon forbidden halls to play again, then I saw yours.

You see, it's just my opinion after all, but the bigger the dungeon, the more problems you'll find. Unfortunately I didn't tracked exactly where/when the problems happen, I just used the console to teleport, spawn itens, heal party, etc.

I know I'm not a very good player in combat, so you probably be right about the difficult. But just to let you know, I started with a party at level 13, I guess. The initial levels are balanced, but at some point, creatures after creatures...and powerful ones! :shock:

About the dagger, you could just drop the speed to a 2 digit number ;)

I'd like to be more helpfull about the scripts, but if you know just few things, I know 0 :lol:
Tha't's why I didn't crete my own module. I guess I have some good ideas for a few puzzles, bnut I lack the skill...and time to do anything.

As I said, I'll keep playing and I'´ll try to pay attention to the issues I find from now on and let you know here.

Thanks for your reply!
leewroy

Re: [MOD] Survive 2.1

Post by leewroy »

Well, just finished the module. (or not?)
SpoilerShow
Got the 'bad ending' on level 31 but 3 or my chars are immortal at this point, the cold does 0 damage to the. I understand it as a death room. You're nasty!

Anyway, using my "teleport powers" I explored everything...I mean, almost everything in the game (missed 17 secrets). When at that room where you need 4 special keys to open a wall and reac a teleporter I was back in the room with a lot of healing crystals. I don't know else what to explore at this point.
Resu

Post by Resu »

:D

Yeah, this is the regular Ending. Congratulations! If you dont die from cold, you should die from straving :P (Please dont teleport too much) haha

To get into the secret levels you have to find the secret entrance.
SpoilerShow
You can find it in "The Mines"
good luck!
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

If you mean the levels 32,33 and 34, I think I explored them all. The 'bad' end I understand, but what about the good end?
SpoilerShow
you just reach the room with crystals and food and that's all? No ending credtis or something like that?
Resu

Post by Resu »

SpoilerShow
wait a second?!? there should be!! when you reach the crystal room the second time, and you see the food, there should! be an active teleporter which gets you to the alternate ending AND Credits! I just tested it again right now, It works fine for me!