[MOD] Bloodwych remake - The Rise of Zendik

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
paulclementi

Re: [MOD] The Rise of Zendik (BloodWych 16bit Remake)

Post by paulclementi »

I am stuck on the Chaos level. There are two floor plates that transport me back and forth. A button that MAY release a pillar.
Can't find either red key (there are two) ; the yellow key or the "x" shaped key. I am locked out going back to other levels.

Any suggestions.

Thank you.
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

paulclementi wrote:I am stuck on the Chaos level. There are two floor plates that transport me back and forth. A button that MAY release a pillar.
Can't find either red key (there are two) ; the yellow key or the "x" shaped key. I am locked out going back to other levels.

Any suggestions.

Thank you.
Hi paulclementi,

Firstly, thanks for playing my MOD, and to see that you have gotten to the chaos tower shows you have done well :)

Reading your description I believe your in the Chaos Tower Level 5? Please see below map and let me know if I am correct and if the maps help?
Failing that if you can tell me the level your on (if you enabled maps) otherwise you can also send me a copy of your save file on a private message I will look at this for you and let you know how to progress further.

All the best and let me know how you get on
Zastaph
paulclementi

Post by paulclementi »

Thank you for these pointers. Yes this is the correct level. Let me start here an noodle this.

FYI: This has been a very enjoyable mod.

Thank you.

Paul Clementi
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

PLaying it now. Im amazed how good this MOD is.

Congratz on a MOD well done mate.
I like how you've adjusted the monsters to flame/posion etc. Really well done.
Also You got alot of advanced scripting in it. WIch I never understood.
<3 respect.
2 things i noticed:

Code: Select all

Edit: I noticed 1 little cheat'  A champ with bow and arrow hits an enemy behind a port-door.

Edit: 2 doors who req a key has a pull chain. So i still got the keys for later ( i think not intended)
Green key on Moon lvl 3 and a bronze on serpent lvl 7.
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

Updated this mod

v4.0 - Added new custom music to the Main Tower & Chaos tower. More music planned for the rest :)
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

trancelistic wrote:PLaying it now. Im amazed how good this MOD is.

Congratz on a MOD well done mate.
I like how you've adjusted the monsters to flame/posion etc. Really well done.
Also You got alot of advanced scripting in it. WIch I never understood.
<3 respect.
2 things i noticed:

Code: Select all

Edit: I noticed 1 little cheat'  A champ with bow and arrow hits an enemy behind a port-door.

Edit: 2 doors who req a key has a pull chain. So i still got the keys for later ( i think not intended)
Green key on Moon lvl 3 and a bronze on serpent lvl 7.
Hi trancelistic,

Thanks for testing out my MOD

I have removed the pullchains from the doors that also had the key locks on them

The cheat you found, well done, I tested this myself on a completely new dungeon to see if it was an error with my dungeon but it wasnt, this appears to be part of the actual game.

What I have observed is that if you stand one or two squares back and shoot at a monster behind either a portcullis or ornament door (temple or dungeon in any position or facing) it occasionally hits them through it whilst closed. I could only think like you say its a cheat / oversight or missed defect. I would say that portcullis should have this as it has wide openings but not the ornamental door. Another option is to clone that door and see if its possible to work around this for ornament doors.
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

Updated MOD see below

v4.1
- removed pull chains from some doors that were meant to be used with keys on Moon Tower L3 and Serpent Tower L5, L7
- added a series of challenge rooms somewhere in the keep, if found you can take on 4 sets of varying challenges and be awarded xp, skills, armour or potions
Zastaph
fazzasx

Re: [MOD] Bloodwych remake - The Rise of Zendik

Post by fazzasx »

Updated MOD now to v4.3 see below

v4.3
- chaos tower, added blade and wall text, changed a red lock to brass key lock to prevent confusion.
- zendik tower, added floor drains where some tentacles are supposed to be, changed walls around that had crystals for incorrect towers. Fixed earth quake issue at start.
- added more armour around the towers
- various code and bug fixes resolved
Zastaph
boatinrob

Post by boatinrob »

Got all 4 crystals from the first 4 towers. I think I now need to get to Zendik's tower, but I can't figure out how to get there!
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

boatinrob wrote:Got all 4 crystals from the first 4 towers. I think I now need to get to Zendik's tower, but I can't figure out how to get there!
Hi There boatinrob,

Zendick's Tower entrance is in the Keep on L5. Here is a map of the level below

http://www.alanchapman.org/bloodwych/maps/main_5.png

Look for the blue line pointing to the red crystal and wall, that is Zendik's tower.

Remember that you also need to have 4 gold pieces as well as the gems to enter

Good luck and let me know if you need more help
Zastaph