[MOD] Bloodwych remake - The Rise of Zendik

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
kenfusion

Re: [MOD] The Rise of Zendik (Bloodwych 16Bit Remake)

Post by kenfusion »

OK I must be crazy but I have entered the room which requires a yellow key. There is no green key. Just a door that wont open.

I can send you my save file?
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

kenfusion wrote:OK I must be crazy but I have entered the room which requires a yellow key. There is no green key. Just a door that wont open.

I can send you my save file?
Hi Kenfusion,

Please send me your file, I will try to load it and see what is happening. Let me know if you want me to give you my email or if you have a dropbox link to allow me to pickup the file.
Zastaph
kenfusion

Post by kenfusion »

fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

kenfusion wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/z34yt4d0s4pqw ... e.sav?dl=0

I hope this is the right file :)

Hi Kenfusion,

I know where you are and now I see the problem. I have missed adding a pullchain to the door that has the key in it. But, dont despair as I have a solution below
SpoilerShow
1) Open up the grimrock.cfg file
This is located here
\Documents\Almost Human\Legend of Grimrock\grimrock.cfg

2) Locate the following line (should be line 26)
It will show this:
console = false

Change it to this:
console = true

3) Save the file and then load your saved game
4) Once loaded activate the console (on my keyboard I press \ and its activated) You will see on the top left corner a command prompt
5) Enter this command exactly
high_elf_temple_door_wooden_2:open()
6) Press enter

The door in question should then automatically open

7) To close the console just press \ again.

Let me know how you get on. I have tested this using your saved game it does work for me.
Zastaph
severgates

Post by severgates »

fazzasx wrote:
severgates wrote:Hello
Got your point of view. I agree there's pointless to fully recreate customization interface within the mod. I've been thinking more about different traits assigned to created heroes. Let me explain:

- all mages have Strong Mind as a first trait and three of them have Skilled as second trait. The only difference is Murlock who has assigned Aura instead of Skilled. My proposal: give Healthy and/or Evasive for some of them.
- all warriors have Tough trait. You could give Blodwyn Agile instead of Tough (her Accuracy and Dexterity are tragic), Fist Fighter trait for one of Warriors instead of Tough (Sir Edward?)
- all rangers have Skilled and Athletic. There's a lot of room to customize them. For instance replacing Athletic with Head Hunter (Sethra) or giving Hengist Aggresive or Evasive trait instead of Athletic would be nice
- since rogues are able to specialize in Assasination or Unarmed Combat you could give two of them possibility to train them in those skills. It requires replacing Skilled trait with Fist Fighter or Agressive.

What do you think about this?
----------------------
Regarding bug- please follow my steps

1. Recruit Murlock and Zothen to party.
2. Compare amount of distributed skillpoints for both heroes.

Both of them have 9 skillpoints (2 for Fire Magic and 7 for Spellcraft) despite the fact, that Zothen has Skilled trait and should have 3 additional skillpoints to distribute. Bug affects all classes and heroes.
---------------------------
Your mod is really nice. Not too hard (puzzles are rather easy), but it would be pretty tough for new players (some of monsters and fights are challenging). I've played only Main Tower and still waiting for final mod version to start playing again, but it's been a pleasure and I had lots of fun while playing this.
Hi severgates,

Thanks for this I will indeed add these skills / traits to the champions as you have advised and release the next version

Please see below the suggested build I intend to apply
SpoilerShow
-- Adventurers --

Baldrick the Dung
skills: spellcraft 2, armors 1, swords 2
traits: skilled, athletic

Eleanor of Avalon
skills: earth_magic 2, armors 1, swords 2

Hengist Meldanash
skills: axes 2, armors 1, swords 2
traits: skilled, evasive

Sethra Bhoaghail
skills: fire_magic 2, armors 3, swords 1
traits: skilled, head_hunter

-- Archers --

Rosanne Swifthand
skills: daggers 2, dodge 1, missile_weapons 1, throwing_weapons 3
traits: skilled, agile

Elfric Falaendor
skills: daggers 1, dodge 2, missile_weapons 2, throwing_weapons 2

Mr. Flay Sepulcrast
skills: daggers 1, dodge 3, missile_weapons 1, throwing_weapons 1, unarmed_combat 2
traits: skilled, aggressive

Thai Chang of Ying
skills: daggers 1, dodge 2, missile_weapons 3, throwing_weapons 3
traits: skilled, fist_fighter

-- Fighters --

Blodwyn Stonemaiden
skills: maces 1, swords 1
traits: agile, aggressive

Asteroth Slaemwort
skills: maces 2, swords 2
traits: tough, head_hunter

Sir Edward Lion
traits: fist_fighter, healthy

Ulrich Sternaxe
traits: tough, skilled

-- Mages --

Zothen Runecaster
skills: spellcraft 7, fire_magic 2
traits: strong_mind, evasive

Megrim of Moonwych
traits: healthy, evasive

Murlock Darkenheart
traits: skilled, healthy

Zastaph Mantric
traits: evasive, skilled
As for the bug I will test this also and let you know what I find. If I can recreate this, I will release in the next version. This way users get the champions with the better skills and or traits as required.
Hi

Sorry for replying so late.
Suggested build seems to be ok, the only changes I suggest to apply are:
SpoilerShow
Rosanne Swifthand
skills: daggers 2, dodge 1, missile_weapons 1, assasination 3 instead of throwing weapons 3 (please make one of Rogues Assassin, backstabbing skill is far more effective on higher levels than missile weapons)
traits: skilled, aggressive instead of agile (she'll probably will fight from backrow, so she needs more Attack Power instead of Evasion)

Sir Edward Lion
skills: armors 2 instead of maces 2, unarmed combat 2 instead of swords 2 (he's fist fighter, remember? ;) )

Ulrich Sternaxe
skills: axes 2 instead of maces 2 (his name is Sternaxe, so let him be Axeman :)), swords 2

Megrim of Moonwych
skills: spellcraft 6 instead of spellcraft 7, ice magic 3 instead of fire_magic 2 (just to make mages more customised)

Hengist Meldanash
skills: axes 3 instead of axes 2, armors 2 instead of armors 1, no swords skill instead of swords 2
What do you think?

Regards
kenfusion

Post by kenfusion »

Hi
Thanks so much for that quick fix. unfortunately I have found another bug. No error message.
I have taken the liberty of uploading my save file for you to see, just walk forward.

I know I am keeping you rather busy :D but if you could put me back where I was that would be awesome if not I understand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z34yt4d0s4pqw ... e.sav?dl=0
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

severgates wrote:
fazzasx wrote:
severgates wrote:Hello
Got your point of view. I agree there's pointless to fully recreate customization interface within the mod. I've been thinking more about different traits assigned to created heroes. Let me explain:

- all mages have Strong Mind as a first trait and three of them have Skilled as second trait. The only difference is Murlock who has assigned Aura instead of Skilled. My proposal: give Healthy and/or Evasive for some of them.
- all warriors have Tough trait. You could give Blodwyn Agile instead of Tough (her Accuracy and Dexterity are tragic), Fist Fighter trait for one of Warriors instead of Tough (Sir Edward?)
- all rangers have Skilled and Athletic. There's a lot of room to customize them. For instance replacing Athletic with Head Hunter (Sethra) or giving Hengist Aggresive or Evasive trait instead of Athletic would be nice
- since rogues are able to specialize in Assasination or Unarmed Combat you could give two of them possibility to train them in those skills. It requires replacing Skilled trait with Fist Fighter or Agressive.

What do you think about this?
----------------------
Regarding bug- please follow my steps

1. Recruit Murlock and Zothen to party.
2. Compare amount of distributed skillpoints for both heroes.

Both of them have 9 skillpoints (2 for Fire Magic and 7 for Spellcraft) despite the fact, that Zothen has Skilled trait and should have 3 additional skillpoints to distribute. Bug affects all classes and heroes.
---------------------------
Your mod is really nice. Not too hard (puzzles are rather easy), but it would be pretty tough for new players (some of monsters and fights are challenging). I've played only Main Tower and still waiting for final mod version to start playing again, but it's been a pleasure and I had lots of fun while playing this.
Hi severgates,

Thanks for this I will indeed add these skills / traits to the champions as you have advised and release the next version

Please see below the suggested build I intend to apply
SpoilerShow
-- Adventurers --

Baldrick the Dung
skills: spellcraft 2, armors 1, swords 2

Eleanor of Avalon
skills: earth_magic 2, armors 1, swords 2

Hengist Meldanash
skills: axes 2, armors 1, swords 2

Sethra Bhoaghail
skills: fire_magic 2, armors 3, swords 1
traits: skilled, head_hunter

-- Archers --

Rosanne Swifthand
skills: daggers 2, dodge 1, missile_weapons 1, throwing_weapons 3

Elfric Falaendor
skills: daggers 1, dodge 2, missile_weapons 2, throwing_weapons 2

Mr. Flay Sepulcrast
skills: daggers 1, dodge 3, missile_weapons 1, throwing_weapons 1, unarmed_combat 2
traits: skilled, aggressive

Thai Chang of Ying
skills: daggers 1, dodge 2, missile_weapons 3, throwing_weapons 3
traits: skilled, fist_fighter

-- Fighters --

Blodwyn Stonemaiden
skills: maces 1, swords 1
traits: agile, aggressive

Asteroth Slaemwort
traits: tough, head_hunter

Sir Edward Lion

Ulrich Sternaxe

-- Mages --

Zothen Runecaster
traits: strong_mind, evasive

Megrim of Moonwych

Murlock Darkenheart
traits: skilled, healthy

Zastaph Mantric
traits: evasive, skilled
As for the bug I will test this also and let you know what I find. If I can recreate this, I will release in the next version. This way users get the champions with the better skills and or traits as required.
Hi

Sorry for replying so late.
Suggested build seems to be ok, the only changes I suggest to apply are:
SpoilerShow
Rosanne Swifthand
skills: daggers 2, dodge 1, missile_weapons 1, assasination 3 instead of throwing weapons 3 (please make one of Rogues Assassin, backstabbing skill is far more effective on higher levels than missile weapons)
traits: skilled, aggressive instead of agile (she'll probably will fight from backrow, so she needs more Attack Power instead of Evasion)

Sir Edward Lion
skills: armors 2 instead of maces 2, unarmed combat 2 instead of swords 2 (he's fist fighter, remember? ;) )

Ulrich Sternaxe
skills: axes 2 instead of maces 2 (his name is Sternaxe, so let him be Axeman :)), swords 2

Megrim of Moonwych
skills: spellcraft 6 instead of spellcraft 7, ice magic 3 instead of fire_magic 2 (just to make mages more customised)

Hengist Meldanash
skills: axes 3 instead of axes 2, armors 2 instead of armors 1, no swords skill instead of swords 2
What do you think?

Regards
Hi severgates,

Thanks for this, all looks good to me so I will apply this tonight and release the updated version. Note I have added more secrets, skulls and plants now around the levels to make things better. I am also going to add some more challenges.

Out of interest what do you think of the challenges? I have lots more in mind but if you think they get in the way of gameplay I can leave them out.
Zastaph
kenfusion

Post by kenfusion »

fazzasx wrote: Note I have added more secrets, skulls and plants now around the levels to make things better. I am also going to add some more challenges.

Out of interest what do you think of the challenges? I have lots more in mind but if you think they get in the way of gameplay I can leave them out.

Yes please :)

your teleporter puzzles are really cool. also knowing you moved a pillar but not necessarily where is good fun, however regarding secrets this mod definitely lacks enough secret wall buttons hint hint, I was going to put this in my feedback but this is awesome! Now I have a real reason to start again from the beginning. Keep up the good work, great stuff!
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

kenfusion wrote:Hi
Thanks so much for that quick fix. unfortunately I have found another bug. No error message.
I have taken the liberty of uploading my save file for you to see, just walk forward.

I know I am keeping you rather busy :D but if you could put me back where I was that would be awesome if not I understand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z34yt4d0s4pqw ... e.sav?dl=0

Hi Kenfusion,

Thanks for letting me know about this one. This was a good spot as I had actually duplicated the entity names. What happens is, you completed the legion of the undead, you then completed the puzzle there creating the entity to allow you to get the blue key (nothing wrong you did correct) but when you entered the none shall pass puzzle, once it attempted to remove the floor trap and spawn the floor part it crashed with a duplicate entity. I have resolved this now in the next release but dont worry you can carry on from where you left off (see below)
SpoilerShow
1) Using the console again press \ to open a command prompt
2) enter the below exactly
ztfd1l2:destroy()
3) press enter
4) Close the command prompt
5) Try to move now, it should let you proceed.
Do let me know if you encounter anything else like this. I totally appreciate you playing this and letting me know what you find and appologies for not being able to reply so quickly this time.
Zastaph
fazzasx

Post by fazzasx »

kenfusion wrote:
fazzasx wrote: Note I have added more secrets, skulls and plants now around the levels to make things better. I am also going to add some more challenges.

Yes please :)

your teleporter puzzles are really cool. also knowing you moved a pillar but not necessarily where is good fun, however regarding secrets this mod definitely lacks enough secret wall buttons hint hint, I was going to put this in my feedback but this is awesome! Now I have a real reason to start again from the beginning. Keep up the good work, great stuff!

Thanks kenfusion,

I have also answered your other post about the error your receiving. Let me know how you get on with that now.
Zastaph