Trouble Importing LoG 1 monsters to LoG 2 map

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Rubilax

Trouble Importing LoG 1 monsters to LoG 2 map

Post by Rubilax »

I've been able to do it in the past, but for whatever reason, the editor will not let me use any monsters from LoG 1. I've got the asset pack v2, I copy the entire code for a monster such as the warden (apparently named guardian in some code) right into my custom dungeon's monsters.lua file, and yet no results despite working last time I added monsters. I managed a few months back to get the original skeleton warriors in, including model, textures, sound, and whatnot. I'm really confused as to why this won't work anymore.

Side notes, yes I am reloading the dungeon every time, I've restarted the game, and for some reason my materials file is not organized into lines like all other luas. It's going to make getting materials very difficult.
minmay

Re: Trouble Importing LoG 1 monsters to LoG 2 map

Post by minmay »

Rubilax wrote:I've been able to do it in the past, but for whatever reason, the editor will not let me use any monsters from LoG 1. I've got the asset pack v2, I copy the entire code for a monster such as the warden (apparently named guardian in some code) right into my custom dungeon's monsters.lua file, and yet no results despite working last time I added monsters. I managed a few months back to get the original skeleton warriors in, including model, textures, sound, and whatnot. I'm really confused as to why this won't work anymore.
objects and object definitions between LoG1 and LoG2 are completely different, you can't just copy them from LoG1
or if you mean that you copied the warden definition in the LoG2 asset pack, did you remember to actually load your monsters.lua?
Rubilax wrote:for some reason my materials file is not organized into lines like all other luas.
sounds like it uses unix line endings, you can solve this by using a real text editor instead of notepad
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Rubilax

Post by Rubilax »

Yes, the init.lua is importing every .lua in the scripts folder. And if I can't simply copy paste them in then I have no idea what I did differently the first time. It was very easy to make everything pop up in the editor.

EDIT: It would seem that using v2 of the asset pack was the problem. v1 apparently allows for the direct copy paste and seems to work properly.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Rubilax wrote:Yes, the init.lua is importing every .lua in the scripts folder. And if I can't simply copy paste them in then I have no idea what I did differently the first time. It was very easy to make everything pop up in the editor.

EDIT: It would seem that using v2 of the asset pack was the problem. v1 apparently allows for the direct copy paste and seems to work properly.
Version 1 and version 2, are for LoG1 and LoG2 respectively.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Isaac wrote:Version 1 and version 2, are for LoG1 and LoG2 respectively.
uhhh no
"asset pack version 1" - grimrock 2
"asset pack version 2" - grimrock 2
"asset pack version 2" - grimrock 1
the asset packs for the separate games have separate versioning
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

minmay wrote:
Isaac wrote:Version 1 and version 2, are for LoG1 and LoG2 respectively.
uhhh no
"asset pack version 1" - grimrock 2
"asset pack version 2" - grimrock 2
"asset pack version 2" - grimrock 1
the asset packs for the separate games have separate versioning
Oh that. :roll:
You're right :ugeek: , I forgot the first lua-only release, and that there ever was a version 2 for Log1.