[MOD] Survive 4.0 Ultimate Edition

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
THOM

Re: [MOD] Survive 3.0

Post by THOM »

Oh - your blue dragon clipses into the wall...

That's the problem with that monster (or that new animations): It only works in a setting where there are no pillars and the outer walls are separated from the battlefield. By pits or lower obstacles.
THOM formaly known as tschrage
Resu

Post by Resu »

Resu

Post by Resu »

New Version Up

Bugfix Version

- Dragons dont do a "counter-attack" any more because it was way too hard, especially the black dragon :oops:

- Void Arena Gold key Bug fixed, also the Void Arena is way easier to find now

- Void Farm does not randomly spawn a red dragon any more

- The Shop in level 37 can be reached through level 7 now !!!! and in level 26 it can be reached even without a secret now :!:

- Some exploits players explored got fixed

- More Enchantment Options
Resu

Post by Resu »

Update:

Survive Version 3.2 is out!

- Some people have problems with random teleporters beeing deactivated, but I fixed them (hopefully all but not sure, you guys have to tell me)

- Ice Guardians give more than 750 xp now ;)

- Shadow Archers can drop Silver coins now and also their Bug has been removed

- You can buy Food now in "The Pits"

- The Final Fight in "The Depths" is nerfed now, it was too hard

- The Wind Dagger can be enchanted properly now

- The Secrets in the Desert are hidden now properly

I wish everybody a merry christmas and a happy new Year! :D
Resu

Post by Resu »

Not a complete LP but very cool footage of SmokyMcPot and me playing and talking (german)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhlZum0 ... SmokyMcPot
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi Resu!
I've discovered, that you've prepared a lots of changes in your mod since I've played it last time few years ago, so I eagerly installed it and started to play again :)
Like you wrote in description - it's focused on battles (sometimes really heavy), but I really like it and progressed much further, than last time (currently lvl 11) and going down (challenge on lvl 11 is damn hard...)
But (as always ;) ) I have a question,
SpoilerShow

regarding lvl 4 and a secret in eastern part - what is the proof of real enligthement? I've put everything I had in my inventory to the alcove, nothing worked :?
EDIT: another question - spiders on lvl12 are respawning? After killing ca. 5-6 dozens another waves came and it seems, that there's more and more of them... :?

Regards
Jos

Post by Jos »

severgates wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:14 pm Hi Resu!
I've discovered, that you've prepared a lots of changes in your mod since I've played it last time few years ago, so I eagerly installed it and started to play again :)
Like you wrote in description - it's focused on battles (sometimes really heavy), but I really like it and progressed much further, than last time (currently lvl 11) and going down (challenge on lvl 11 is damn hard...)
But (as always ;) ) I have a question,
SpoilerShow

regarding lvl 4 and a secret in eastern part - what is the proof of real enligthement? I've put everything I had in my inventory to the alcove, nothing worked :?
EDIT: another question - spiders on lvl12 are respawning? After killing ca. 5-6 dozens another waves came and it seems, that there's more and more of them... :?

Regards
I happened to be playing this mod lately, and I've got you some answers, if you still need them. For the proof of real enlightment, you need to do an alcove puzzle on Level 1. The reward of that puzzle is the proof you need.

Spider Queen's often spawn additional spiders. She is your primary target. It's still a difficult area.
Jos

Post by Jos »

Hello Resu,

I'm still revisiting Grimrock 1 from time to time and I finally took on your mod. It was hard, but it was great. I liked the new emenies, the new weapons, the Void Arena, the leveling up, and the Super Secrets. Great mod!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Jos wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:05 pm I'm still revisiting Grimrock 1 from time to time...
Don't miss this one: http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6453 ;)
Resu

Post by Resu »

Hey Guys,

Ive taken a rest from Modding because of some health issues. I feel better now and today I checked the thread again and I am ready to really finish my project.

That means:

I will complete all levels and late game content (currently there are a few empty spots in the later levels). Also I will try to fix every remaining bug (besides the chest-bug, somehow I decided to keep it forever because it gives my mod an extra flavor :D )
And! I will release a new Version with awesome background MUSIC! :D :D Ive planned this for a long time and I am gonna make it happen very very soon :D

When that Version is out I will do a 100% Playthrough on youtube right afterwards. I will play on hard difficulty obviously and this is gonna be a long series :mrgreen:

Stay tuned!

Also this may be be the last chance for suggestions. Whatever it is (balancing, level design, monsters, quests, items, music! etc.) Whatever you want to suggest I will gladly listen and might put it into the final Version.

@severgates

Ah Hey :) Thats great! I hope your questions have been answered so far. How far have you come?

@Jos
Thank you very much! I love to hear that you found the Void Arena :D Did you also enjoy the Void Farm?