[MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Re: [MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Post by wagtunes » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:54 pm

While the dungeon was fresh in my mind, walked through it again. At 1.5 hours I made it to the snake puzzle where I stopped. I had absolutely zero desire to play snake. Didn't like the game when it came out in the 70s and don't like it any better now. Sorry, but that last room just kills this mod for me. Shame. On the second walk through the rest of it is actually pretty cool. I don't quite get the torch room. Pick up the key, remove a torch and get sent back out. Not much of a challenge but okay. Unless of course I'm missing something. Oh, and the library worked on the second run through so perhaps I missed something the first time.

So ultimately, only 2 complaints.

1. Too short.
2. Disappointing finish.

Other than that, the design, the programming, all superb. You guys are super talented. I still didn't find any super memorable rooms like "The Foundry", "One With Nothing", and of course the final room, but all in all, well done.

Komag

Re: [MOD] The One Room Dungeon - Round 1 - RELEASED

Post by Komag » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Glad you were able to finish it in the end. I wonder if there is some sort of processor dependent timing issue, or engine bug that is a relatively recent phenomenon, that didn't exist 8 or 9 years ago.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play