[MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by wagtunes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm glad my venting made you aware of this mod and got you to play it and you enjoyed doing so. The only thing I take objection with in your post above is you completely ignored all the good I had to say about this mod. But that's okay. I get it. People only fixate on the negative. It's human nature. My frustration is BECAUSE this mod is so great as far as the layout and the journey. Having played EOB II, this brought back a lot of memories. And while there is a lot that's different, the flavor is there. It was a real treat. I still, however, stand by my opinion on the insta kills and the bug. Importing a party shouldn't break a mod.

Anyway, I think we've both said all that needs to be said. Maybe I'll try the teleporter hack. Maybe not. I don't know. At this point, I honestly don't care anymore. I've been away from this mod long enough now that I've lost interest in it. Besides, there are plenty of LOG mods that are interesting, challenging, fun and fair to choose from. If you haven't tried "Back Into The Dungeon" yet, you really need to check that one out. It almost equals this one and without the insta kills and bugs. And you can get through it with a level 1 party. It is equally balanced throughout, gets progressively harder, but never goes over the top. The riddles are challenging but fair. My only nit pick, if I had one, is that you REALLY have to be careful about checking every inch of every wall. There are buttons where you'd never expect them. That did have me pulling my hair out after a while but eventually found them all. I highly recommend that mod.

Here's the link if you want to download it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods/65

Anyway, I'm done ranting. It's all out of my system.

wagtunes

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by wagtunes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 pm

FWIW, and just for the hell of it, I activated 100 teleporters. Nothing. Also, I checked the version that I downloaded from Nexus. It is 5c, the latest one. So I am NOT using an old version.

Lying? No, I gave my opinion on the mod. That's all. You can disagree with it if you like but don't call me a liar.

Now that I have exhausted every possibility short of teleporting myself to another level, I see no point in going on with this.

Have a nice day.

Draakan, if you're reading this, shame on you for this ridiculous mod.