MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
HypnoToad

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by HypnoToad » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 am

Just finished it, an epic game, the puzzles were fun but not outrageously hard if you read all the scrolls and notes. Killing the Cube took a few days, many many tries, but got there in the end. Jolly good show chaps!
Return of the Dark Lord - V3.5 Download:
https://www.nexusmods.com/grimrock/mods ... escription

Komag

Post by Komag » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 am

Glad to hear it, well done :)
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play

wagtunes

Post by wagtunes » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:02 pm

Well, I've actually played through this several times but this time through I found an odd bug and have no idea what caused it.
SpoilerShow
The area with the trap door in front of you and the two poison producing demon heads on both sides after you step through the portal on level 9. When you get to the alcove with the key and step on the pressure plate and grab the key, the sides are supposed to open up. Well, this time they didn't and I found myself stuck and unable to go on. Even the open door script wouldn't work completely. Eventually I opened enough doors through the console elsewhere in the dungeon to get to where I needed to go in order to move on, but there is no question, what was supposed to get triggered didn't get triggered. I watched Guregon's video just to make sure I had the sequence of events right and I did. Just nothing happened.

maneus

Post by maneus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:01 pm

You could download the source file at nexus and find out by yourself what the door is named or how you could solve your issue.

Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:00 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:02 pm
Well, I've actually played through this several times but this time through I found an odd bug and have no idea what caused it.
SpoilerShow
The area with the trap door in front of you and the two poison producing demon heads on both sides after you step through the portal on level 9. When you get to the alcove with the key and step on the pressure plate and grab the key, the sides are supposed to open up. Well, this time they didn't and I found myself stuck and unable to go on. Even the open door script wouldn't work completely. Eventually I opened enough doors through the console elsewhere in the dungeon to get to where I needed to go in order to move on, but there is no question, what was supposed to get triggered didn't get triggered. I watched Guregon's video just to make sure I had the sequence of events right and I did. Just nothing happened.
I do recall this bug from MQ beta. Back then it was caused by random quakes. Are you sure you got the current version of the mod?

Komag

Post by Komag » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:51 am

IIRC, those walls only open up if you've also been to the other sides and stepped on the other plates as well, so that all three have been stepped on. It was a similar thing in the original game, but there the plates were invisible, so it was less obvious what players had missed.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play