Icefall Hammer

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Resu

Icefall Hammer

Post by Resu »

Hey Guys.

The Icefall Hammer in the original game has the chance to freeze the enemy on hit.
I tried to copy the hammer by changing stats and give a new name to make an even better weapon.
But the problem is, if you change name it wont freeze any more. Does anyone know how to
script a weapon that has a chance to freeze on hit?
minmay

Re: Icefall Hammer

Post by minmay »

The Icefall Hammer's effect is hardcoded and cannot be replicated in the user scripting interface.
However, it's bound to the name "icefall_hammer", so you can change any other properties (changing the uiName, making it a different weapon type, etc.) and it will still have the freezing effect as long as you still name the object "icefall_hammer".
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Resu

Post by Resu »

well thats pretty much exactly what i said :D

But there must be a way to script such a weapon for yourself (Maybe just in the item script without a world script lua?)
And this way! I wanna know
Resu

Post by Resu »

solved! :)

I just made a copy of the frostbolt spell with attack power 0 and "chancetofreeze" = 20.
Now, whenever I attack with the enchanted weapon, it casts this frostbolt spell (which is almost exactly as freeze)!
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Doesn't this cast a bolt spell down the hall?
Resu

Post by Resu »

yepp :D and I kind of like that :) It does almost no damage and only has a chance to freeze.. so I think its pretty balanced still

Do you know other ways to do it @Isaac?
minmay

Post by minmay »

The problem is that that won't award experience to champions if a monster is killed by it.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Resu

Post by Resu »

it deals like 1 damage.. I think I take that risk^^