Did you miss a good item? (REFERENCE)

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
HateSolstice

Re: Did you miss a good item? (REFERENCE)

Post by HateSolstice »

Oh, I just found where the Venom Blade is, for those that want to know.

Level 4
SpoilerShow
On level 4, within the section Trails of Thought, you will first need to pass through the pressure plate/teleporter puzzle room. The second puzzle, the 3 pits controlled by the 3 pressure plates, contains the secret. Stand on the middle pressure plate and face the wall ; you will find a button here. Turn back around and go back into the hallway you just came from, and the wall to your right will have just opened up, revealing the dagger.
I hope this helps guys! If there are any other items you guys need help with on the first 4 or 5 floors, I don't mind doing my best to help out.
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

HateSolstice wrote:Ok, dumb question about counting the number secrets found.

I started a new game just to count secrets as I went along. I followed both this thread and another thread I found here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=919
(Unfortunately, it does not seem this one has been updated as much)

- On floor 1, I had a total of 3 secrets found
- On floor 2, I had a total of 9 secrets found(6 for that floor)
- On floor 3, I have a total of 18 secrets, this including the secret inside the Slime Dungeon on floor 4 but only accessible via this floor.

My question is, according to the secrets count up to this point, would the one in the Slime Dungeon count for floor 3? Or would it actually count for floor 4? I realize the game itself makes no such categorizations, this is just for ease of clarity and my own sanity.
I stated that in the first post if you are at that level and manage to get a secret even if you drop or teleport, its counted as accessible through that level as though you are playing it.
HateSolstice

Post by HateSolstice »

xlaZuRelx wrote:
HateSolstice wrote:Ok, dumb question about counting the number secrets found.

I started a new game just to count secrets as I went along. I followed both this thread and another thread I found here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=919
(Unfortunately, it does not seem this one has been updated as much)

- On floor 1, I had a total of 3 secrets found
- On floor 2, I had a total of 9 secrets found(6 for that floor)
- On floor 3, I have a total of 18 secrets, this including the secret inside the Slime Dungeon on floor 4 but only accessible via this floor.

My question is, according to the secrets count up to this point, would the one in the Slime Dungeon count for floor 3? Or would it actually count for floor 4? I realize the game itself makes no such categorizations, this is just for ease of clarity and my own sanity.
I stated that in the first post if you are at that level and manage to get a secret even if you drop or teleport, its counted as accessible through that level as though you are playing it.
Right, I just wanted to be sure my numbers were right. I'm on to floor 5 now this play through, and everything send to add up.
Raappis

Post by Raappis »

Why are the boots of valor mentioned twice on level 7 list? I doubt there is two pairs of boots there or am I missing something?
Loraen

Post by Loraen »

Well, looks like the last secret got solved. I was playing oldskool and wanted to quickly check if I'd missed something and noticed GameBanshee now lists 71 secrets.. according to their list, there's 12 on level 6, but 7 on level 5. No wonder hunting around on level 6 didn't help..

The OP's list for level 7 does have all the items you find in the secrets. And holy poo. I just looked at the maps I made (screenshot from earlier playthrough) and I've marked 7 secrets on level 5. Apparently I didn't even bother to confirm how many secrets I had when entering level 6..
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

Loraen wrote:Well, looks like the last secret got solved. I was playing oldskool and wanted to quickly check if I'd missed something and noticed GameBanshee now lists 71 secrets.. according to their list, there's 12 on level 6, but 7 on level 5. No wonder hunting around on level 6 didn't help..

The OP's list for level 7 does have all the items you find in the secrets. And holy poo. I just looked at the maps I made (screenshot from earlier playthrough) and I've marked 7 secrets on level 5. Apparently I didn't even bother to confirm how many secrets I had when entering level 6..
Nice Updated
Exiled

Post by Exiled »

Yeah noticed this too, as i'm with 30 secrets on lvl5 and two unopened doors...
Max_R

Post by Max_R »

Dear all,
I've closed the pit in Ancient Chambers, using the iron key that raise the platform... Is the Bracelet of Tirin lost or there's another way?
Thank you in advance!
Ciao!
Loraen

Post by Loraen »

Max_R wrote:Dear all,
I've closed the pit in Ancient Chambers, using the iron key that raise the platform... Is the Bracelet of Tirin lost or there's another way?
Thank you in advance!
No, you actually want to drop down the pit south of that.
Max_R

Post by Max_R »

Loraen wrote:
Max_R wrote:Dear all,
Thank you in advance!
No, you actually want to drop down the pit south of that.
Sorry... I was a bit disoriented: I already have the bracelet in use :? Thank you anyway!
Ciao!