[SPOILER] MAPS BY NIANU!

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
nianu

Re: [SPOILER] MAPS BY NIANU!

Post by nianu »

SpoilerShow
finally finished B3 :P ugh. this takes so long lol i misplaced a hallway early on so after about an hour or two the paths started to collide and it took me forever to find out where i made the mistake and i had to redraw a large portion of the map >.< ah well i think it's fun :)
Last edited by nianu on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Nice! Looks like you're enjoying the map building, like the game so far then? :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
nianu

Post by nianu »

yeah i'm loving it :D told you i'd be going a snails pace O_O i just now finished B4 and posting it in a moment. ugh my painting app changed the brush sets up in an update and now the brushes i used are no longer there >.< so the last minute additions to B4 don't look smooth with the rest of the map. but hopefully i won't have that problem in B5 lol. how are you liking the game? besides, y'know.. no food and all lol.
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
nianu

Post by nianu »

as you might see, all my maps have color coded icons that relate to each other. same with teleports. just find the right color that matches :) the pink and the purple look similar.. i'll try not to use them both together like that again. sorry if it causes any confusion!
SpoilerShow
Last edited by nianu on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
nianu

Post by nianu »

also just a side note... i'm posting maps.. not solutions. so you're out of luck here with the pressure plates :P good luck!
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

That's brilliant! I'm hand drawing my maps on graph paper, but I'd much rather do it on my tablet. Can I ask what app you're using, please?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

It's quite nice to see the maps actually, I've already finished these levels the hard way so I can take a peek without it spoiling. :P

Level 6 is what awaits me next, I started it just before bed and died horrifically. :shock:

But yeah loving the game, it's just pure awesomeness! :D

Daniel.
nianu

Post by nianu »

SpiderFighter wrote:That's brilliant! I'm hand drawing my maps on graph paper, but I'd much rather do it on my tablet. Can I ask what app you're using, please?
it's called Procreate. it's pretty nice. there used to be only a few brushes to choose from but after the update, there's a ton more . and they finally added sketching tools. that was my one problem was finding a good brush for sketching :) but yeah mapping with a tablet is easy and fun. i loved doing those teleporters. i mapped each one on individual layers so when i noticed they all came together i just fitted them right in like a puzzle haha. the compass makes it easy too :P
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
nianu

Post by nianu »

Darklord wrote:It's quite nice to see the maps actually, I've already finished these levels the hard way so I can take a peek without it spoiling. :P

Level 6 is what awaits me next, I started it just before bed and died horrifically. :shock:

But yeah loving the game, it's just pure awesomeness! :D

Daniel.
i'm just now starting 5. i played it quickly last night but didn't map it. my daughter has been so distraught because she hasn't played on the ipad in AGES (according to her) lol so i let her play with it. well now i know dragons are important and to map them. i wouldn't have done so before :P glad you're having fun :D i'm already excited about the second run. it's going to go by so fast hehe :D
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Doing a good job, will defo keep looking in. :)

Daniel.