Level relics room help.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Splatterhouse

Level relics room help.

Post by Splatterhouse »

On level 9 after you sacrifice the relics and step into the teleporter,I had a problem with the trap door puzzle. I went in and i managed to open the door with the key so i took it and stepped out of the pressure plate, but the central hub thing didn't open up. i have found all the secret buttons and I did all that stuff and got the lighting sword but the hub is still closed. Is there a way to reset the puzzle? i only have one save file. And i cant leave the temple part so i am kinda in a hard spot. PLease help! :!:
Dr.Disaster

Re: Level relics room help.

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Splatterhouse wrote:On level 9 after you sacrifice the relics and step into the teleporter,I had a problem with the trap door puzzle. I went in and i managed to open the door with the key so i took it and stepped out of the pressure plate, but the central hub thing didn't open up. i have found all the secret buttons and I did all that stuff and got the lighting sword but the hub is still closed. Is there a way to reset the puzzle? i only have one save file. And i cant leave the temple part so i am kinda in a hard spot. PLease help! :!:
The condition to cause the level 9 central chamber to open up is the same for Master Quest and the original dungeon: all it's alcoves must be empty.
Splatterhouse

Post by Splatterhouse »

so if i have have gotten the golden key from that room and the doors to the left and the right did not open its because i need to do things in other rooms?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

The walls inside the central chamber will open once all alcoves are empty but the doors leading into the hub do not open by themself. You need to find their opening mechanism first, similar to the trap door puzzle room.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Actually I updated that with once-only pressure plates, so if you don't empty the alcoves but at least step on all three plates, the walls will open.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Splatterhouse

Post by Splatterhouse »

First off thanks for making the dungeon. I have been having a lot of fun. I am however really confused at this part. I have enterd the room that says "Three ancient beings of deep". I have the golden key and and the lightning sword. But in all the walkthroughs the doors open to the left and the right of the golden key when its picked up. That did not happen for me. AM i missing something obvious? When i leave this room i am locked in and there is no way out.
Komag

Post by Komag »

There is a way out - there is a secret button to open back up the front door. Then you'll need to circle around either to the south or north to finish that central hub and the walls will open.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
Splatterhouse

Post by Splatterhouse »

OK, great i found this button thank you!
So when you say the south and the north what are you referring to and what needs to be finished? Sorry for all of the questions but i am beating my head against a wall haha!
thanks again for all the help!
Splatterhouse

Post by Splatterhouse »

oh my god i finally figured it out! i am not a smart man. thanks for the help!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Splatterhouse wrote:Sorry for all of the questions but i am beating my head against a wall haha!
Ain't that what we dungeoneers all do? ;)