Level 2 bug for slow pc's

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Keekee

Level 2 bug for slow pc's

Post by Keekee »

I am at the iron door that needs two keys. I have the key from the flying things side. I cannot get through the teleporter corridor. I have tried pressing the secret button and moving backwards but no joy. Is there a run button that I do not know about?
Dimmey

Re: Level 2 bug for slow pc's

Post by Dimmey »

try to push the button and walk direct backwards no turning arround.. you must be very quick. took me 3-4 tries
cokebottle

Post by cokebottle »

There is no run button. You should be able to make it by pressing the button, then tap the key to move backwards until you are safely past the teleporter.

Lowering your resolution and grahics settings temporarily might work. Or maybe AH will need to increase the grace period just a bit for that puzzle. :)
loki1405

Post by loki1405 »

Yes I was playing on my laptop and it was impossible without turning down the resolution and settings as far as I could. I had tried about 30 times. After I lowered the resolution I got through 2nd try.
gave1

Post by gave1 »

thanks for this. had same problem on my laptop and reduced graphics and made it through now problem.
Grimjax

Post by Grimjax »

Thank you so much for this! It was driving me crazy - had tried dozens of times, but after turning down the res, made it through second go
:D
loweb1

Post by loweb1 »

Yeah, they need to fix this. I have a gaming laptop. It's not slow at all but I had to turn down the resolution on everything to make it through this puzzle. I wasted a lot of time and was close to giving up on the game altogether because of this.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

loweb1 wrote:Yeah, they need to fix this. I have a gaming laptop. It's not slow at all but I had to turn down the resolution on everything to make it through this puzzle. I wasted a lot of time and was close to giving up on the game altogether because of this.
If you had to do this it's not a gaming laptop.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

One other thing to be aware of with timing-dependent puzzles: move by tapping the key multiple times rather than holding it down. Holding it down is likely to result in the second+ step being sluggish.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Does your computer match or exceed the game's minimum requirements and are you playing on lowest settings?

CPU: Dual Core 2GHz Intel or 2.8GHz AMD
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported). Minimum supported resolutions 1280×720 and 1024×768.
DirectX: 9.0c
Disk Space: 1GB