Help with Iron Door on Level 3 Pillars of Light

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Echoplex2006

Help with Iron Door on Level 3 Pillars of Light

Post by Echoplex2006 »

Okay Ive been banging my head on this Iron door puzzle for some time its located in
SpoilerShow
level 3 just to the left of the teleporting puzzle most players are getting stuck on. Once you are passed the teleporting puzzle return to the plate you used to make it past the previous puzzle. If you remove the item right in front of you another plate will flip up allowing you to cross. Once across the previously inaccessible area, there's the Iron door on your left and a portcullis on your right. In visible range, there's a pit right behind the portcullis, a torch and a level beyond the pit. I cannot figure out how to get back there. Has anyone had any luck with this puzzle? I have not seen it brought up yet.
GeneralGonzo

Re: Help with Iron Door on Level 3 Pillars of Light

Post by GeneralGonzo »

same here - how to open that damn iron door ?
Manic1002

Post by Manic1002 »

Trying to figure it out too, level 3 has suddenly upped the puzzle solving quite a bit!
WolfChylde

Post by WolfChylde »

Figured it out.
SpoilerShow
In a room to the east of the iron door, you'll see a puzzle similar to the first puzzle on this floor, dealing with the three torches being placed on the center pillar. Place the torches on the opposing sides, and leave no torches on the middle pillar. This will open a secret door leading to the switch behind the gate.
Echoplex2006

Post by Echoplex2006 »

Thank you sir!
bryno

Post by bryno »

Thanks alot dude I was messing around in that room when I got there expecting something to happen obviously didn't try that combination, was bugging me as I knew it was there unlike hidden secrets.
Jakanden

Post by Jakanden »

I am right in front of the iron door with the portcullis behind me and I cannot find this room with the torches to the east. Can someone please tell me what I am missing? I have been here almost an hour just wandering around this area.
WolfChylde

Post by WolfChylde »

Jakanden,
SpoilerShow
If you look at the map, there should be a 3x5 room to the east of the iron door. In the center of that room is a pillar. Use what I mentioned earlier in this room.
Jakanden

Post by Jakanden »

Thanks! I will check it out when I get home today
BeDOS

Post by BeDOS »

the only 3x5 I can see is the first one?

where is this other room?