Complete spell list

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
vorvek

Re: Complete spell list

Post by vorvek »

Stalkingwolf wrote:
Kanubis wrote:Dungeon Master came out in 1987, and I still haven't figured out what the darkness spell in that game was for :P
i played the game again last saturday and watched my spelllist and thought "i cant remember to use this spell ones" :lol:
Not true. Without this spell you wouldn't be able to solve the game
this means, all the only rogue and only fighter parties can not quit the game?
I didn't use darkness for that particular part. I think darkness only dissipates the light spell... and that's about it. Those who don't have mages on their party won't have the light spell on at that point, you see?
Nano

Post by Nano »

The Light Spell is amazing, means you dont need to carry any torch's, click 2 runes and boom got light.

Also Invisibility has many uses, mobs cant see you with it, kind of funny watching mobs go by and you back stab them from the back with rogue for that mega huge damage.
TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE »

vorvek wrote:I think darkness only dissipates the light spell... and that's about it.
Wrong. If you cast Darkness twice in a row, it overrides torches. So there are effectively 3 levels of illumination: Magically induced light, natural circumstances light/darkness and magically induced darkness.
YOU NOW PROSSESS DRACULA'S RIB!
UncleSporky

Post by UncleSporky »

mumblerit wrote:can i grab that graphic for the wiki?
Sure, I made it for sharing. :)
earthyearth

Post by earthyearth »

there is another guide here:
Legend of Grimrock List of All Spells
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

Btw a major spoiler! You've been warned! :o
SpoilerShow
Ice, Fire dont not work on the last boss but lightning bolt does massive 140 damage, the final weapon also does air damage
zobog

Post by zobog »

General consensus take one up and spellcraft? Like air + spellcraft? Or spread them out?
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

zobog wrote:General consensus take one up and spellcraft? Like air + spellcraft? Or spread them out?
You will NEED spellcraft (For Staves, Light, Darkness, Faster Cast, Mana), get any element you want to spec but only stick to one. Get it up to the circle of protection. After that, each point adds to your spell damage if you got points to spare.
BitterAlmond

Post by BitterAlmond »

Has anyone bothered to test the exact mana cost of each spell? I'd love to be able to compare damage to mana cost to know which spell to use in which situation.
ozmiz

Post by ozmiz »

Appreciate all the effort to compile the spell info, enjoyed reading all the tips too!
LoG Survivor!!
Surviving Party: Mino - Fighter, Liz - Rogue, Insect - Mage, Human - Rogue