Level 6 Halls of Fire

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
braaimanook

Level 6 Halls of Fire

Post by braaimanook »

Hi everyone, in trouble again.

Does anybody know how many Ugguardians there are in the Halls of Fire. From what I can see there are several, but the number doesn't reduce no matter how many I kill.
I got it down to one, killed that and then another 2 appeared. Does this keep happening over and over again? I know that if you fall down a pit, they respawn but this seems to happening even if that doesn't happen.

Cheers
Komag

Re: Level 6 Halls of Fire

Post by Komag »

There is an invisible respawn plate you step on when walking in the area which takes 350 seconds to cooldown, so it has nothing to do with the pits per se (although falling down and eventually coming around back up often takes longer than 350 seconds).
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
braaimanook

Post by braaimanook »

Hi and thanks for the reply. When you say an invisible plate, do you mean in the actual pit room or the room and passage leading to it. The reason for the query is that my preferred method of dealing with monsters especially ones stronger than me is to antaganise them with an arrow etc, then get them to follow me to a place of my choosing, to deal with. So I have yet to venture into the pit room.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Yes, it's in the hall just before the room, right around the corner
braaimanook

Post by braaimanook »

Komag

Again thank you for your reply that helps a lot.
From what you have said it looks like I have to deal with them on their turf, sneaky game designer. :x
Komag

Post by Komag »

Well if you can lure them out and beat them and get back there all in less than 6 minutes then you'll be set (at least for those two!)