Can someone do the Level 7 iron door puzzle for me?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
eamonn

Can someone do the Level 7 iron door puzzle for me?

Post by eamonn »

I know this is against the spirit of playing a game, but I'm trying to get all of the iron doors on this playthrough; unfortunately, the laptop I'm running it on is really crap.

I've looked at a lot of tips for doing the puzzle and tried to incorporate them - going back to the middle, planning my movement, etc. But I think it really is a hardware issue (I have LoG running at the lowest possible settings as it is).

Would someone be kind enough to solve the puzzle for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Here's an upload of my save file:
http://filecloud.io/8qksbjg5

(Hit 'request download ticket'.)
Komag

Re: Can someone do the Level 7 iron door puzzle for me?

Post by Komag »

you could just use the console to find the door in that square or the one next to it (always hard to know what square a door is really in) and open it by force!
for i in entitiesAt(blah blah) do if i.name == "temple_ door_iron" then i:open() end end
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

Thanks for the response, but I only have a fairly general understanding of what that means...

How do I find the coordinates of the door? (Which is what I assume 'blah blah' means.)
Komag

Post by Komag »

the format is level,x,y and you can most easily find the x y by finding it on you, the party
print(party.x,party.y)
entitiesAt(7,12,14) or whatever
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

Thanks for the help! :)

Unfortunately it does not seem to be working.

I entered both of these (since you mentioned not knowing which one contains the door):
for i in entitiesAt(7,9,12) do if i.name == "temple_ door_iron" then i:open() end end
for i in entitiesAt(7,10,12) do if i.name == "temple_ door_iron" then i:open() end end

To no avail. I also tried removing the space between 'temple_' and 'iron_door' just to see if that would work (I thought maybe you'd left it there by accident or something), but that didn't work either. Damn. :(
Komag

Post by Komag »

the space was an accident!
I went in game and checked:
for i in entitiesAt(7,10,12) do print(i.name) end
and I got
iron_gate
receptor
teleporter
so apparently in the original game they're not called temple_iron_door, but just iron_gate! They must have placed the door frame separately or something. So now do:
for i in entitiesAt(7,10,12) do if i.name == "iron_gate" then i:open() end end
it just worked for me :)
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

It worked! Komag, thank you so much! :D