New Player. Slightly Frustrated.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
steyrhahn

Re: New Player. Slightly Frustrated.

Post by steyrhahn »

There's too much loot to lug it all around.
Werewood

Post by Werewood »

Yah...starting to notice that....

Have like 9 spears on 1 character...... I keep telling myself it's "to hold down pressure plates without wasting rocks."

Question: Found the tome of Health. Is it better to use it on my Frontline fighter, or my Frontline mage (wish has terrible health atm)?
...saying it outloud, mage now sounds better...hmm
PariahDog

Post by PariahDog »

My first party started the same (except I focused on fire and earth and mixed in a few other races). You shouldn't expect to start with the ideal weapons for your party. In the first few levels you can wield any item without a skillpoint requirement (except for the staff). I equipped my backrow mage and rogue with a spear, giving the rogue some rocks in the offhand (while my mage held the torch).

Once you find the weapons the characters are specialized in, you give them those weapons. Although I must admit that some weapons are pretty scarce, so missing them will leave you wondering if you will ever encounter an item good for your build.

The skeleton group you encounter at first is pretty difficult, but should be doable, unless you underequip your party because you're waiting for them to get their preferred weapons.
Werewood

Post by Werewood »

I think I just hit a glitch my first playthrough. it wasn't just the skeleton group I fought... It was 4 skeleton groups in a row...

This time through with my new party, it was just the 1.....

Not sure what is going one, but I'll take it.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Werewood wrote:wait...so for mage, i can just cast the spell by randomly clicking runes until I i find it? I don't need the scroll?
To cast a spell, you set the runes for the spell that you plan to cast, and the mage must have sufficient skill in the school that the spell belongs. You can discover spells by trying different combinations ~that usually fizzles out, but when it does not, you either get a cast spell, or it a notice that the mage is not skilled enough to cast that spell.

** I made the opposite party; had a melee fighter (with almost no armor skills), and a mace & armor expert ~and no one could use the Dismantler long sword when I found it.