Level 7: Lost in the Maze of Shadows

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Teacher

Level 7: Lost in the Maze of Shadows

Post by Teacher »

Hi, I'm new here, but I hope, that I can find help.
I already for hours looked if I could find an answer for my problem in the forum, but I didn't yet.

I do not look for the SECRET IN THE Maze, like many other people, I only wanted to know, HOW I CAN GET THROUGH THIS (damned) PART ?

I found the "Scroll of Darkness", but my mage cannot use it, because I didn't know, that I had to skill his spellcraft ...

I read that there must be anotzer way to get through (GameBanshee wrote, that you have not to use this scroll)

Help me, if you can, I'm feeling down .. :| :| :|
LiamKerrington

Re: Level 7: Lost in the Maze of Shadows

Post by LiamKerrington »

Hi there,

not a problem. That's why this forum is here, actually.
First advice: drop torches and uncast your light spells. This will help you a lot.
Then move around and pay attention on what kind of "tiles" you get teleported back to the entrance of the maze. Tip: Any tile that receives direct light of a torch teleports you back. So you better only move in the dark. With this advice you should do fine. :)

But in the spoiler below I added your treasure map through the maze ...

All the best!
Liam
SpoilerShow
Just follow the grey dots and you should do fine. :)

At the end of my first time with "the Legend of Grimrock" - played on default-party, hard, old-school mode:

My first time
Teacher

Post by Teacher »

That cannot be possibly !!!!!!!!!!!! How could I be so mad...one of my party members had a burning torch in his hand !! No wonder, that I coud not reach the end ..

1000000000000 thanks for your quick help
LiamKerrington

Post by LiamKerrington »

Hi there.

Hehehe ... 8-) Null problemo!

Looks like the maze is your candidate for this topic so far:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2868
(Title: Which puzzle made you Facepalm? :D)

Best wishes!
Liam
At the end of my first time with "the Legend of Grimrock" - played on default-party, hard, old-school mode:

My first time
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

Teacher wrote:That cannot be possibly !!!!!!!!!!!! How could I be so mad...one of my party members had a burning torch in his hand !! No wonder, that I coud not reach the end ..

1000000000000 thanks for your quick help
Heh, plus this puzzle is alittle confusing and I never understood a bit of it. It says "Maze of SHADOWS" And yet, you have to walk into the light at points. Admittedly, it isn't very much light, but it still there! when I first played, I didn't know there was an exception and was stopped for a bit, before pausing, saving, and moving forward anyways, and found I could go into the light rarely.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Jirodyne wrote: Heh, plus this puzzle is alittle confusing and I never understood a bit of it. It says "Maze of SHADOWS" And yet, you have to walk into the light at points. Admittedly, it isn't very much light, but it still there! when I first played, I didn't know there was an exception and was stopped for a bit, before pausing, saving, and moving forward anyways, and found I could go into the light rarely.
Well a bit of light implies you are partially in shadow. :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Thels

Post by Thels »

Teacher wrote:I found the "Scroll of Darkness", but my mage cannot use it, because I didn't know, that I had to skill his spellcraft ...
The Darkness spell only exists to cancel your Light spell, in situations like that.

If you are unable to cast Darkness, you are also unable to cast Light, so there's no need to be able to cast Darkness.

Also, you could theoretically do this puzzle just by trying a lot, and marking all locations on the minimap that teleport you away. That's the way I did it, even though I knew to avoid the light. The reason was to see if there were any secrets hidden somewhere.
LiamKerrington

Post by LiamKerrington »

Thels wrote:Also, you could theoretically do this puzzle just by trying a lot, and marking all locations on the minimap that teleport you away. That's the way I did it, even though I knew to avoid the light. The reason was to see if there were any secrets hidden somewhere.
Same here. :D

My first time