Food Issues

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Thels

Re: Food Issues

Post by Thels »

stepsongrapes wrote:
Thels wrote:I had troubles again when entering the last 3 levels. I had zero food left and all my characters were starving. I've been running through level 9, but it seems I spent more food hunting the buggers down and kill them than they're worth. Their respawn timer is very slow.

But it turned out not to be a problem at all, because
SpoilerShow
Level 13 is literally stocked with food, and the creatures there are pretty weak, so even with half AP it wasn't hard to finish them off. After clearing out level 13, I had plenty of food to do the end battle.
Jsut go back to level 6, then. Snail meat, yum.
I actually did that, but only 3 snails appeared there. I didn't want to wait forever, so I kept the 3 slices in my backpack while running down again, planning to save them for the end boss. It turned out not so necessary, as at the very end of the game, my entire party was completely fed (gave them 2 chunks of food each, didn't want to have to check for food during the endboss fight), and I still had 6 parts of food remaining.
stepsongrapes

Re: Food Issues

Post by stepsongrapes »

Thels wrote:
stepsongrapes wrote:
Thels wrote:I had troubles again when entering the last 3 levels. I had zero food left and all my characters were starving. I've been running through level 9, but it seems I spent more food hunting the buggers down and kill them than they're worth. Their respawn timer is very slow.

But it turned out not to be a problem at all, because
SpoilerShow
Level 13 is literally stocked with food, and the creatures there are pretty weak, so even with half AP it wasn't hard to finish them off. After clearing out level 13, I had plenty of food to do the end battle.
Jsut go back to level 6, then. Snail meat, yum.
I actually did that, but only 3 snails appeared there. I didn't want to wait forever, so I kept the 3 slices in my backpack while running down again, planning to save them for the end boss. It turned out not so necessary, as at the very end of the game, my entire party was completely fed (gave them 2 chunks of food each, didn't want to have to check for food during the endboss fight), and I still had 6 parts of food remaining.
The snails respawn relatively quickly, but I think only while you're on the level. Anyways, you get a lot more food from them then it costs you to earn that food.