Timed Puzzle Help

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
owns

Re: Timed Puzzle Help

Post by owns »

i may have missed this somewhere in here but heres my question. does easy mode add a bit of time to puzzle timers? im on something like 20 hours trying to beat this puzzle in halls of fire tryed everything. even hotkeyed to a xbox game pad its faster but i get to 3rd button and im finished ....
Thels

Post by Thels »

Nope. Easy-Hard only seems to affect the monsters, both their statistics and behavior.
Komag

Post by Komag »

If you're still checking this thread or maybe if you have it on email alerts, I have just one clue to offer for that halls of fire room:

keep your mouse already in the middle of the screen

that way, when you move, turn, run, and line up for the next button, your mouse is already in the exact right spot, so you just click, then start moving again quickly. I found this helped to make this room not so hard after all.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
laurabow

Post by laurabow »

My fingers just weren't quick enough to get through Chamber of the Pits on level 5. I managed it with my husband doing the left and right moves on my Cyber Snipa gamepad and I did the up and down on my keyboard. We got through it fairly easily.
Komag

Post by Komag »

now that's teamwork, I love it!
gamerzard

Post by gamerzard »

Darklord wrote:Hey Guys,

Timed puzzles are something that many of us struggle with, but there are several things that can you help you get past them, below is a list of the most common.

1, Reduce your graphics settings, especially for those with less powerful systems this helps a lot, if you still struggle remove nearby light sources to.
On the flip side of #1... upgrade your graphics card. that is what i did.

before, i had a HD 5450. the first time i went through the game, every timed puzzle was difficult. i had to reduce the graphics settings to finish most puzzles. with the level 7 iron door puzzle, i literally tried it over 40 times without success.

then i bought a HD 6670 ($45 after rebate.) with my second time thru the dungeon, every timed puzzle was relatively easy. i finished the level 7 iron door puzzle with the first try.

if you are having problems with the timed puzzle and are using an older graphics card, i strongly recommend upgrading your graphics card.
Komag

Post by Komag »

well yes that will work, but even a cheap $45 card would be quite an expense if it's only to help with a $15 game
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Komag wrote:well yes that will work, but even a cheap $45 card would be quite an expense if it's only to help with a $15 game
That's a strange argument. Along lines like "WTF? A $60 game needs a $200+ card to run?"
Komag

Post by Komag »

of course it makes sense if you play other games and would like an upgrade for them too. But some people don't, or only play games that run fine on their on-board graphics card that came with the computer. That's why I mentioned it would be expensive if it's ONLY to help Grimrock.
steyrhahn

Post by steyrhahn »

Well,

Because of this $15 game I just bought a new $1,000 computer & monitor. And bought Win 8 upgrade. And suspect I will upgrade the video card which came with it, which will require me to upgrade the power supply....

:lol:

Bill Gates should send AH a royalty check... ;)