Fighter's Challenge Strategies!! Level 6 to 5 secret

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
gambit37

Re: Fighter's Challenge Strategies!! Level 6 to 5 secret

Post by gambit37 »

I suspect that you didn't test each condition separately, and probably did all these things in one session, making the assumption that they were all required. I can confirm that you don't need Fire Blade, and going to level 7 is a red herring, it's not required.
UknowsI

Post by UknowsI »

For me (on hard) I did like this:
-Have 3 party members die instantaneously
-Fight my way to a corner with my unarmed rogue character
-Hit and hit and hit some more while my rogue hardly get damaged
-Drink a few potions when they eventually hit him
-Hit some more
-Brew a few more potions
-Drink some more
-Finally kill everything
Zas

Post by Zas »

I did it on hard. Had an air mage cast invis before i enter. Most creeps ignored me and i was able to make my way to a corner of the room. From there it was easy. Only lost 1 party member, the mino rogue who was out of ammo anyway.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

Everyone seems to be going to the corner. The first time I did it, I spammed the fire sword and bombs from where the key was lying, back to the gate, and then fought them one at a time.
tdunaj

Post by tdunaj »

Man, I just finished it on normal, am so glad I did not decide to play the game on hard for the first time. Kudos to you guys beating this on hard.
mfrancis

Post by mfrancis »

Please someone help me get started on the sword of Nex. I know lvl 6 but no ide where to start looking or to get it
mfrancis

Post by mfrancis »

Never mind I got the Sowrd now
Cronicler

Post by Cronicler »

Preparation:

Brew healing potions

Equip shields to all of the characters. (By this point you should have a Heavy Shield and a Round Shield for your front-line). If you have invested enough points for
"2x evasion from shields" for your tanking warrior, you might even want to consider equipping a Legionary Shield on his other arm for more evasion.

Choose your DPS; a throwing expert (or a high dex dodger) with bombs coupled with a mage with improved "spell" (if you have one in your party) con rapidly clear enemy groups.

Keep your inventory screen of your fragile dps open and have most of your potions on him/her

ready your spell

*Cast invisibility if you are air, cast darkness if you have 5 spellcraft.

The Battle:
As soon as you teleport in turn left and charge to the wall. After you wipe 3 groups (if you are unlucky, usually you only get 2 groups and 1 empty space), you will be at the wall, click the hidden switch and turn right. Unless you are unlucky and some scavengers enter the hidden closet, 2 steps forward and 1 step left will get you snugly fit into a very defensible position. Chug potions on the frontline and blast from back as normal.
Xanathar

Post by Xanathar »

I brewed all healing potions I could. My two fighters were equipped as they always were - the human with sword of nex and a mix of plate/ring/valor, and the minotaur with mostly chitin.

Entered, and used concentrated on letting a couple of spells and frost arrows go before the inevitable mage and rogue deaths, then fought mainly melee.

I let the minotaur die after 1 or 2 healing potions. Used 3 (IIRC) potions on the human fighter who was able to finish the monsters. For the whole length of the combat I tried to push forward so that I was able to reach the wall with two fighters alive and a corner with the human still alive.

For me it was very much a *fighter's* challenge, as the mage and rogue lives were in the seconds range.
Waking Violet (Steam, PS4, PSVita, Switch) : http://www.wakingviolet.com

The Sunset Gate [MOD]: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5563

My preciousss: http://www.moonsharp.org
PSY

Post by PSY »

Check this out (open spoiler):

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1347&p=21595#p21595
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return