Final Fight - Mob Spawing Question [spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mabd

Re: Final Fight - Mob Spawing Question [spoilers]

Post by mabd »

Jesugandalf wrote:I did, but I don't know if the boss
SpoilerShow
restores its health whenever you fall down a pit and you restart the level again after entering the teleporter
SpoilerShow
I don't think it does, that's how I did it (many times lol) and it didn't take that long to kill, actually... Maybe you need to use the "special item"? I also think I used lots of lightning, so I don't know, it might be resistant to other attacks?
"You, good soul, my friends have brought you to me. You must be kind... you must be light footed."
kisiel365

Post by kisiel365 »

SpoilerShow
I dropped down each time I pulled out one part. The same when it lost it's defence. It took me about 5x to drop, cool down, heal, even rest. So I guess cube does not regenerate.
Jesugandalf

Post by Jesugandalf »

kisiel365 wrote:
SpoilerShow
I dropped down each time I pulled out one part. The same when it lost it's defence. It took me about 5x to drop, cool down, heal, even rest. So I guess cube does not regenerate.
SpoilerShow
That's what I wanted to know. I had to kill the cube avoiding the regular mobs and leaving out the secrets of the room, but in my second playthrough I will be able to heal myself using the pits and resting in the floor below.
Thank you!
rknight718

Post by rknight718 »

I was saving my bombs for just such an occasion so maybe that's why it went fast for me. I did fall a few times to sleep and I didn't notice any issues.
muun

Post by muun »

Jesugandalf wrote:
Saice wrote:
Jesugandalf wrote:I have one question about the final battle with the final boss.
SpoilerShow
If you fall down a pit while fighting, does the cube's health restore? It seems to me I've hit it a hundred times and it keeps rolling and rolling...
SpoilerShow
Did you pull out the parts first? Otherwise it is impossable to kill
I did, but I don't know if the boss
SpoilerShow
restores its health whenever you fall down a pit and you restart the level again after entering the teleporter
SpoilerShow
The boss does not restore health. You can shoot him, jump in a hole, rinse and repeat till he dies.