Newbie here with some questions..

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Gavindale

Newbie here with some questions..

Post by Gavindale »

Hey guys! Grimrock newbie here - just wanted to see if anyone can fill me in on a few things. I'm new to this game, and wanted to see if anyone can give me some suggestions, Pros and Cons, etc. Is there much grinding? Do enemies respawn? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Sir Tawmis

Re: Newbie here with some questions..

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Gavindale wrote:Hey guys! Grimrock newbie here - just wanted to see if anyone can fill me in on a few things. I'm new to this game, and wanted to see if anyone can give me some suggestions, Pros and Cons, etc. Is there much grinding? Do enemies respawn? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
I just answered this in your Legend of Grimrock 2 thread; are you also playing Legend of Grimrock 1 and looking for tips?

Legend of Grimrock 1 is "easier" than Legend of Grimrock 2. (Like my previous response; until you start getting pretty deep in the dungeon).

Be advised, that monsters won't always be your toughest opponents. Some of the "riddles" can make you want to smash your brains against a wall.

LOG1 has far less grinding, and it feels like far less respawn times.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
minmay

Re: Newbie here with some questions..

Post by minmay »

Grinding is not remotely necessary in either game. Unfortunately, it is still possible to grind. Grimrock 2 is a little faster paced than Grimrock 1, as the player has more damage output.
Sir Tawmis wrote:and it feels like far less respawn times.
This is a myth. Neither game has respawn times, except in custom dungeons. What they do have is specific tiles that spawn new monsters elsewhere in the level when you step on them. These spawns have cooldowns (which are different for every spawner but generally between 1 and 10 minutes) so e.g. stepping on the tile 20 times in 20 seconds will only trigger the spawns once. With very few exceptions, if you aren't stepping on these specific tiles, then no monsters are spawning.
The main difference between Grimrock 2 and Grimrock 1 in this respect is that Grimrock 1's hidden triggers (almost?) always create monsters on the same level, whereas Grimrock 2's often create monsters on far away levels.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.